**2017 Films Thread** (Beware of spoilers)

caulfield12

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 27, 2017 -> 10:14 AM)
I saw yesterday that back-ordered cards will be mailed out Oct 1. Ugh. I ordered Sept 11. They should've been more prepared.

I think you still need the card, even with the e-ticketing thing, but I could be wrong.

Yes, you need the card. That's where they load the amount of the admission.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Sep 27, 2017 -> 10:53 AM)
Where did you read that?

MoviePass‏Verified account @MoviePass Sep 21

More

@AaronBurns777 Sorry for our card delays! All backordered cards should be shipped by October 1st!

• 2 weeks later...

It's incredibly well made, but there are some things that ruin a couple themes of the original. There's always been different interpretations of the source material and I don't jive with this one. With that said, I need to absorb it some more and I'd watch it again.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 6, 2017 -> 01:25 PM)
One thing to keep in mind if you are going to go on back to back days, pick the earlier film first. There is a one a day, but also a 24 hour waiting period.

That's what you had mentioned before. Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Oct 5, 2017 -> 08:06 PM)
It's incredibly well made, but there are some things that ruin a couple themes of the original. There's always been different interpretations of the source material and I don't jive with this one. With that said, I need to absorb it some more and I'd watch it again.

I thought it was incredible. Really not much to nitpick. It checked off everything on my list: mood, visuals, story, sound. I'm a sucker for cerebral sci-fi.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 7, 2017 -> 05:28 PM)
I thought it was incredible. Really not much to nitpick. It checked off everything on my list: mood, visuals, story, sound. I'm a sucker for cerebral sci-fi.

I agree that the tone, visuals and mood were on point. The score wasn't great, but they're trying to follow up the greatest score of all time. The story didn't really work for me.

I just can't get into the Deckard is a replicant thing. It ruins the entire first film. If he's a replicant, the theme no longer makes any sense. He wasn't a replicant in the book and the writers of the original don't think he's a replicant.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Oct 8, 2017 -> 05:49 AM)
I agree that the tone, visuals and mood were on point. The score wasn't great, but they're trying to follow up the greatest score of all time. The story didn't really work for me.

I just can't get into the Deckard is a replicant thing. It ruins the entire first film. If he's a replicant, the theme no longer makes any sense. He wasn't a replicant in the book and the writers of the original don't think he's a replicant.

Did they reveal, with 100% certainty, that he is one?

I thought there was a vague semi-reveal that was open to interpretation but maybe I just missed it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 10:18 AM)
Got my MoviePass card as well.

So I just go up and pay with it like I would normally? The note says you have to check in first. I'm easily confused.

You have to download the app and select the movie you want to see on your phone/device. I haven't used it yet either (didn't get a chance this past weekend). Maybe DA can chime in again.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Oct 14, 2017 -> 01:18 PM)
Used movie pass for the first time last night. Really easy to use. Love that the app keeps track of the movies you see as well. Testing it again on this rainy afternoon (testing the 24-hour thing).

So you check in with the app, then go to the box office and use the card?

This must be what an old person feels like when they get their first iPad.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Oct 26, 2017 -> 08:55 PM)
I am going to sign up for MoviePass tomorrow after I do some more research. I will admit that I was a bit skeptical of the idea but I know some people who really love it.

I’m finally using mine today for the first time.

I wonder if the person at window will give me the stink eye.

I've seen 3 movies with moviepass since I received it close to 3 weeks ago. It is very easy to use. I saw Happy Death Day the day it came out on the 13th (friend wanted to see it and I wanted to test it), the next day after that I saw IT again (wanted to test the 24 hour rule), and then for the hell of it, I saw Jigsaw last night which was bad (not that I expected much) but it was a very small audience.

I figure I will get a lot of use out of it with Thor, Justice League, Star Wars, Murder on the Orient Express coming out and even fringe movies I wouldn't pay to see it but likely will like Bad Moms 2 and Daddy's Home 2 (first one I thought was funny of each). It also helps that it is going to be colder out. Me and my buddy are going to start going one weeknight a week.

Edited by soxfan2014