Sox holding talks "daily" on Q

Sleepy Harold

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 08:32 AM)
Trade Melky to giants

Trade Frazier to St louis Cardinals or new York Mets

Trade Jose Quintana to the Pirates or Rockies

Trade Abreu to Texas Rangers

Idk if the Giants would bring Melky back though they certainly seem like a fit. I think they could match up on Frazier however. Nunez can shift to left field or a super utility role seeing playing time everywhere.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What return could we have had if we blew it up at the trade deadline?

You would have to think Benintendi would be ours had we dealt with Boston.

Benintendi, Devers, Kopech, +?

Edit: kinda off topic, apologies

Edited by reiks12

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 08:45 AM)
What return could we have had if we blew it up at the trade deadline?

You would have to think Benintendi would be ours had we dealt with Boston.

Benintendi, Devers, Kopech, +?

Edit: kinda off topic, apologies

You think red sox trade for Quintana 2017 trade deadline?

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 07:11 AM)
Vietnam is next! Going to be in Hanoi for a week then its back home.

Machu Picchu is definitely on my list.

After Peru, you may want to hit up Santiago, Chile and check out the Celinto Catayente. I hear that architect, Pat Healy, constructed it. It's just down the street from the Estadio Olympico.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 10:29 AM)
We need you to bug the GMs offices for th Pirates and Astros.

The Astros have had about 2 words spoken about them for the last month. There's more coverage for what is going to happen to the Astrodome than what they're doing right now. Football and the Rockets, plus new coaches and bowl games.

The Pirates...there's always talk about them during the winter even when the Steelers are doing well, but their fans are so used to the way that organization is run that it's an elaborate dance. Talk Radio will complain about them being cheap, they won't reply but they'll continue to make cheap moves, the ballpark will still have a good attendance even if the team is below .500 because it's a spectacular park, and lately the end result anyway has been a good but not great team that everyone sorta gels behind once the season starts.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 10:38 AM)
The Astros offered the moon for Archer and got turned down. I would love to have a bug in that office to hear what kind of calls they are having with Hahn.

Astros have played the whole "we will only trade for pitching at our price", and now come to find out they got turned down for a huge deal for Archer. I love it. They're either going to have to go into the season with their current staff or seriously pony up for Q.

I get that prospects are an inexact science but I find both of Gammons' insights to be hard to believe. Sox "light" offer to Houston turned down and houston's "heavy" offer to TB turned down. I'm more inclined to believe that Gammons is being phased out as an insider similar to his $20 bill likeness, Andrew Jackson and Rosenthal et al are the new Harriet Tubmans.

Trade Melky to giants

Trade Frazier to St louis Cardinals or new York Mets

Trade Jose Quintana to the Pirates or Rockies

Trade Abreu to Texas Rangers

Starting with the very top line, the Giants supposedly don't have room under the luxury cap. Last I knew the Mets were fairly broke and didn't have room for another big contract either.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jan 5, 2017 -> 11:29 PM)
I agree completely. I think Hahn is being pretty firm that it's Bregman+ or no deal, as he rightfully should be saying. How can you trade an Allstar innings-eater on a peanuts deal for tablescrap prospects like Tucker/Martes as a headliner. What an absolute joke of a trade that would be.

I would disagree. Hahn/KW got top ,non-MLB dependant, prospect from both boston and Washington in previous deals. They will not get Bregman or other players that playoff contenders are depending on for their upcoming season. The trades will be built around the top prospects not MLB players just as in the previous deals.

Trade Melky to giants - too many options on the FA market for th Giants to give up anything

Trade Frazier to St louis Cardinals or new York Mets - Neither team has a hole or payroll space to take on Frazier

Trade Jose Quintana to the Pirates or Rockies - Pirates allegedly do not have payroll space without moving Cutch, which seems to be the hold up, and the Rockies reportedly do not see Q as a fit for their park.

Trade Abreu to Texas Rangers - Too many FA options available still to get a market to form

I think Q is a guy that will always have a market, the rest will not until after the season starts, FA works itself out, and teams get into the season and see what they need to compete.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 09:32 AM)
The Astros have had about 2 words spoken about them for the last month. There's more coverage for what is going to happen to the Astrodome than what they're doing right now. Football and the Rockets, plus new coaches and bowl games.

The Pirates...there's always talk about them during the winter even when the Steelers are doing well, but their fans are so used to the way that organization is run that it's an elaborate dance. Talk Radio will complain about them being cheap, they won't reply but they'll continue to make cheap moves, the ballpark will still have a good attendance even if the team is below .500 because it's a spectacular park, and lately the end result anyway has been a good but not great team that everyone sorta gels behind once the season starts.

It's Texas. It's always football first.

Laughing at the latest Yanks-Q articles and the comments that follow. Yanks fans want the best available pitcher in Q only to turn around and try to point out flaws to devalue Q and all the while talk about which of their prospects are untouchable. Good grief they are more unrealistic than Boston fans.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 12:20 PM)
Laughing at the latest Yanks-Q articles and the comments that follow. Yanks fans want the best available pitcher in Q only to turn around and try to point out flaws to devalue Q and all the while talk about which of their prospects are untouchable. Good grief they are more unrealistic than Boston fans.

Pirates fans seem most reasonable due to desperation haha when the Sale talks were going on, there was an Astros fan that tweeted at WSD that Bregman is a future HOF. And Sale isn't? (assuming he stays healthy and keeps putting up the numbers he has)

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 01:23 PM)
Pirates fans seem most reasonable due to desperation haha when the Sale talks were going on, there was an Astros fan that tweeted at WSD that Bregman is a future HOF. And Sale isn't? (assuming he stays healthy and keeps putting up the numbers he has)

Don't want to clutter the new thread, but if Gammons is right that the Astros are coming back with an offer for Q similar to the offer that was turned down for Archer (Martes/Tucker/Paulino + 2 other prospects), I suspect things will start to move quickly. Pirates can obviously beat that offer, but it will definitely put the pressure on the Pirates to make their best and final offer.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 12:28 PM)
Don't want to clutter the new thread, but if Gammons is right that the Astros are coming back with an offer for Q similar to the offer that was turned down for Archer (Martes/Tucker/Paulino + 2 other prospects), I suspect things will start to move quickly. Pirates can obviously beat that offer, but it will definitely put the pressure on the Pirates to make their best and final offer.

Martes/Tucker/Paulino/Perez would make me very happy. But I really like Tucker and Perez.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 12:23 PM)

Yeah, Pirates fans are much more realistic and i wish a few of them were GM's. I read an article yesterday by a Pitt writer that said the Pirates should trade Meadows, Glasnow and Bell for Q. Man do I wish that guy was the Pitt GM.lol.

Good call on the Astros fans. They say similar things about Q that the Yankee fans do. Quite humorous.