Sox holding talks "daily" on Q

Sleepy Harold

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 12:28 PM)
Don't want to clutter the new thread, but if Gammons is right that the Astros are coming back with an offer for Q similar to the offer that was turned down for Archer (Martes/Tucker/Paulino + 2 other prospects), I suspect things will start to move quickly. Pirates can obviously beat that offer, but it will definitely put the pressure on the Pirates to make their best and final offer.

Glad you posted this, I was just about to do it myself. Sounds like the Astros shifted away from Q due to the asking price, shifted their focus elsewhere only to find that other teams want alot for their pitching so now the Astros come crawling back for the best available pitcher. So now that the Astros have come full circle, I agree that it sounds like things are picking up.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 12:40 PM)
Glad you posted this, I was just about to do it myself. Sounds like the Astros shifted away from Q due to the asking price, shifted their focus elsewhere only to find that other teams want alot for their pitching so now the Astros come crawling back for the best available pitcher. So now that the Astros have come full circle, I agree that it sounds like things are picking up.

Bregman or bust. Otherwise use them as trade bait for the Pirates. None of their positional player prospects are as enticing as the Pirates.

QUOTE (Special K @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 02:12 PM)
Bregman or bust. Otherwise use them as trade bait for the Pirates. None of their positional player prospects are as enticing as the Pirates.

Bregman isn't happening and if we're the Astros I wouldn't trade him for Q either. The Astros have some really nice position player prospects depending on what one is interested in. Fisher and Hernandez are very interesting prospects that project to debut in '17. Then there's youngsters such as Tucker, Laureano, Stubbs's and Martin that are at least a few years away but still very interesting. They also have Reed who mashed in AAA but struggled in his MLB debut. Imo, the Astros have more than enough positional talent worth trading for. The real question is are they willing to part with it.

As for the Pirates. They are an ideal fit provided Glasnow and at least one of Bell/Meadows is in the return but if the Pirates are bullish and want to keep both Meadows and Bell ( it's been rumored) then the Pirates are better off trading for one of the Dodgers broken down pitchers because Huntington obviously isnt ready to play with the big boys just yet. Huntington wants the best pitcher on the trade market but doesn't want to give up his best prospects which is a trade killer. I hope Huntington proves me wrong but going by how the Pirate fanbase feels about their GM I wouldn't count on Huntington's balls to drop anytime soon.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 01:37 PM)
Yeah, Pirates fans are much more realistic and i wish a few of them were GM's. I read an article yesterday by a Pitt writer that said the Pirates should trade Meadows, Glasnow and Bell for Q. Man do I wish that guy was the Pitt GM.lol.

Good call on the Astros fans. They say similar things about Q that the Yankee fans do. Quite humorous.

Do you read the s*** that WE type sometimes? :lol:

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 02:49 PM)
Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi 35s36 seconds ago

José Quintana trade talks continue, sources say, with #Astros among the most serious suitors. @MLB @MLBNetwork

Come crawling back. You should have paid up the first time, now Hahn should ask for even more. LOL

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 02:48 PM)
Do you read the s*** that WE type sometimes? :lol:

Absolutely dude and and I am one of those offenders of crazy trade proposals. :D But I think Sox fans here are overall more practical than what I've read from Yanks, Boston and Astros fans this winter. The Pirates fanbase has been extremely practical imho, and I've gained alot of respect for those fans because it shows they not only know their own team well but have a very practical understanding of Q's value. Definitely some knowledgeable baseball fans.

Speaking of the Astros, OF Ramon Laureano is an interesting prospect. He had stupid numbers last year. Sickels has him number 7 on his list, whereas Baseball America doesn't even have him in the top 10. Wonder how the White Sox feel about him.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 02:49 PM)
Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi 35s36 seconds ago

José Quintana trade talks continue, sources say, with #Astros among the most serious suitors. @MLB @MLBNetwork

Wake me up when we get the "White Sox close to Quintana trade" tweet. We've heard enough of the talking.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 03:00 PM)
Absolutely dude and and I am one of those offenders of crazy trade proposals. :D But I think Sox fans here are overall more practical than what I've read from Yanks, Boston and Astros fans this winter. The Pirates fanbase has been extremely practical imho, and I've gained alot of respect for those fans because it shows they not only know their own team well but have a very practical understanding of Q's value. Definitely some knowledgeable baseball fans.

I think we are more practical now, in July, however, we were literally just writing the top ten prospects for every team and then questioning whether getting a 10 for 1 deal was even enough.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 03:00 PM)
Speaking of the Astros, OF Ramon Laureano is an interesting prospect. He had stupid numbers last year. Sickels has him number 7 on his list, whereas Baseball America doesn't even have him in the top 10. Wonder how the White Sox feel about him.

Agreed on Laureano, interesting prospect. Here's a write up on him along with an Astros top 10 from a prospect website https://prospect361.com/al-team-prospects/houston-astros/ . The writer came away very impressed with him.

Martes, Tucker, Laureano, + seems like a very good package that is on par with what the Sox got for Sale.

Hrmm.

whitesoxdave ‏@barstoolWSD 9m9 minutes ago

IF a deal gets done with Houston, I'm gonna predict the return to be Martes, Tucker, Stubbs, Fisher, Laureano

8 replies 9 retweets 16 likes

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 1m1 minute ago

@barstoolWSD @JamesFox917 I would guess no Tucker

2 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 03:12 PM)
WSD predicts Martes, Tucker, Fisher, Stubbs, and Laureano if Houston trade were to get done.

MAKE THEM PAY MORE!

That's a good deal. If they get it, they should take it and run. I want Reed, but I want Fisher and Laureano more.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 03:14 PM)
Hrmm.

whitesoxdave ‏@barstoolWSD 9m9 minutes ago

IF a deal gets done with Houston, I'm gonna predict the return to be Martes, Tucker, Stubbs, Fisher, Laureano

8 replies 9 retweets 16 likes

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 1m1 minute ago

@barstoolWSD @JamesFox917 I would guess no Tucker

2 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

That won't work.

QUOTE (pablo @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 03:10 PM)
Agreed on Laureano, interesting prospect. Here's a write up on him along with an Astros top 10 from a prospect website https://prospect361.com/al-team-prospects/houston-astros/ . The writer came away very impressed with him.

Martes, Tucker, Laureano, + seems like a very good package that is on par with what the Sox got for Sale.

No offense, but that's not even close to comparable with the Sale deal.

Bregman + Tucker + Daz Cameron + a flier would be the Astro's equivalent.

And just because it's been asked before.

Yankees equivalent: Torres, Rutherford, Tate + flier

Pirates: Meadows, Newman, Hayes, Diaz