Sox holding talks "daily" on Q

Sleepy Harold

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 03:12 PM)
WSD predicts Martes, Tucker, Fisher, Stubbs, and Laureano if Houston trade were to get done.

MAKE THEM PAY MORE!

His prediction mean about as much as our predictions.

Not trying to say he doesn't have sources because I don't doubt him, just that it has nothing to do with predictions.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 03:12 PM)
WSD predicts Martes, Tucker, Fisher, Stubbs, and Laureano if Houston trade were to get done.

MAKE THEM PAY MORE!

I am a fan of WSD but that doesn't make much sense. Five top 10 prospects when Sale only got 3? Granted, Moncada was probably worth 2 top prospects by himself.

Did he have sources or was he just throwing that out there?

QUOTE (pablo @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 03:15 PM)
I am a fan of WSD but that doesn't make much sense. Five top 10 prospects when Sale only got 3? Granted, Moncada was probably worth 2 top prospects by himself.

He's just throwing s*** out there like he usually does.

Throwing it out there but I'm sure someone on here will assume he has sources on it ha

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 03:15 PM)
I would gag if we didn't get tucker.

Merkin guessed at WSD's tweet that Tucker would not be involved. Just a guess tho. Still just going in circles throwing s*** as we pass each other.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 03:00 PM)
Speaking of the Astros, OF Ramon Laureano is an interesting prospect. He had stupid numbers last year. Sickels has him number 7 on his list, whereas Baseball America doesn't even have him in the top 10. Wonder how the White Sox feel about him.

We are on the same page. I like Laureano too as well as Jason Martin who put up some nice power numbers at high A and hits from the left side. Also like Stubbs too.

All top 10s are not made the same.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 04:16 PM)
Merkin guessed at WSD's tweet that Tucker would not be involved. Just a guess tho. Still just going in circles throwing s*** as we pass each other.

Really intrigued by the merkin comment. If no Tucker, the deal has to have either an absurd amount of prospects or guys we haven't really even thought about as available.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 03:15 PM)
No offense, but that's not even close to comparable with the Sale deal.

Bregman + Tucker + Daz Cameron + a flier would be the Astro's equivalent.

And just because it's been asked before.

Yankees equivalent: Torres, Rutherford, Tate + flier

Pirates: Meadows, Newman, Hayes, Diaz

Tucker is only 19 (I think), so he has a chance in a year or two to be a top 20 prospect if he keeps progressing, who knows maybe top 10. He seems like a Meadows type player - pure hitter, good speed, maybe a bit more power than Meadows from what I've read. So yes, I'd agree, probably got ahead of myself in that it isn't quite on par with Sale as of today, but Tucker could easily be Meadows or Torres in a year or two. And he theoretically would be the second piece of this deal.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 03:16 PM)

Well that would be a real bummer...He's the one guy I'd really want of all Astros prospects (excluding Bregman which isn't happening).

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 03:22 PM)
Maybe no Tucker in the deal because it will include BREGMAN and the world would stand in awe.

I'm all for the " awe " part, would be great. If, somehow, Hahn was able to snag Bregman I would bet Frazier would be joining Q in Houston. ;)

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 04:14 PM)
Hrmm.

whitesoxdave ‏@barstoolWSD 9m9 minutes ago

IF a deal gets done with Houston, I'm gonna predict the return to be Martes, Tucker, Stubbs, Fisher, Laureano

8 replies 9 retweets 16 likes

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 1m1 minute ago

@barstoolWSD @JamesFox917 I would guess no Tucker

2 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

If this gets done and Houston keeps Bregman, Tucker, AND Reed I'll be really bummed.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 03:27 PM)
Tucker available for Archer (supposedly) but not Q?

Which is why Bregman makes sense here. Maybe Merkin knows something we dont. Everyone said Moncada was untouchable too.

QUOTE (oneofthemikes @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 03:27 PM)
If this gets done and Houston keeps Bregman, Tucker, AND Reed I'll be really bummed.

Yeah, I don't get it. If Merk guesses no Tucker, I'd have to assume Bregman or Springer is in the deal. Maybe even Frazier going to Houston too.

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 14s15 seconds ago

@AaronLemingNFL @barstoolWSD @JamesFox917 And talks will be ongoing with Q and until they aren't. Not like CWS making him untouchable

In response to the Tucker talk.