Sox holding talks "daily" on Q

Sleepy Harold

I keep hoping for a mega deal. Whatever it takes to get bregman, meadows or torres included plus more.

I'd still be satisfied with Tucker, Martes, Paulino ++ or Bell, Glasnow/Keller, Newman +

But, if we neer to add frazier, jones, robertson, melky to these deals, lets do it. Take back bad contracts or pay 80% of frazier or melky or robertson. It is our last chance at a stud hitting prospect to pair long term with moncada and hopefully collins until the next two drafts.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a fan of including Frazier to grease a deal or enhance the return. I also think if there's a pitcher from the Astros the Sox should want its Franklin Perez, he absolutely bulldozed A-ball as a 18 year old. Kinda like Tucker, you're buying this guy now because its possible he'll be in the top 10 this time next year. I'd probably rather have him than Martes, to be honest.

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 05:59 PM)
I cant tell if you guys are being serious but of the Bregman/Torres/Meadows ultraheadliner pool Meadows definitely feels the most available. The Astros are so drunk on Bregman hype its probably not worth meeting their price on him.

Meadows is cutch replacement not happening

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 05:56 PM)
I'm a fan of including Frazier to grease a deal or enhance the return. I also think if there's a pitcher from the Astros the Sox should want its Franklin Perez, he absolutely bulldozed A-ball as a 18 year old. Kinda like Tucker, you're buying this guy now because its possible he'll be in the top 10 this time next year. I'd probably rather have him than Martes, to be honest.

With ya on Perez and actually prefer him over Paulino.

I really hope if the Astros make the deal, AJ Reed is a throw in buy low guyI know a lot of people are down on him, but his minor league track record is awesome, and although he was a bit younger which does make a difference, look at Anthony Rizzo's first couple hundred PA in the major leagues. Brutal.

This guy is huge with a lot of potential.he could become a cult hero.

I love all of these "untouchables" on other teams. Quintana is an absolute stud and is beyond "untouchable"...but guess what, he is touchable. And so are these supposed untouchables from other teams. The stare downs will continue until someone breaks...and someone will break, it just won't be Hahn.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 07:15 PM)
True, but who knows how well Moncada would adjust to a different position. It might be better to keep him in a spot he's comfortable with.

Sports mockery suggests the Astros are offering martes, tucker and paulino for Quintana.

Feels light. Give me reed and perez instead of paulino

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 06:20 PM)
Sports mockery suggests the Astros are offering martes, tucker and paulino for Quintana.

Feels light. Give me reed and perez instead of paulino

I usually try not to bash many sites or people for their sources or lack of but Sports Mockery is legit trash when it comes to this stuff.

I have no interest in Machado at the price he will command. Like absolutely zero. If you felt uneasy about Adam Eaton, really a damn fine guy character wise, you're going to HATE Manny Machado picking fights with opponents and throwing his batting helmet around. And then you'll have to outbid the Yankees throwing $300m+ at him...nothanks.

Edited by Con te Giolito

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 06:21 PM)
I usually try not to bash many sites or people for their sources or lack of but Sports Mockery is legit trash when it comes to this stuff.

It did come from one of their own so yeah I wouldn't put much stock in it. Unless the guy has legit sources like WSD. Their articles feel more like click bait though.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 07:21 PM)

I know it's trash, but it's interesting to discuss

QUOTE (heirdog @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 08:14 PM)
I love all of these "untouchables" on other teams. Quintana is an absolute stud and is beyond "untouchable"...but guess what, he is touchable. And so are these supposed untouchables from other teams. The stare downs will continue until someone breaks...and someone will break, it just won't be Hahn.

right, it won't likely be on Hahn until sometime in the middle of July, there's little pressure on him to get a deal done right now. If a team that wants to contend in 2017 thinks Q is the answer, well, they probably want him now rather than in July and might get an itchy trigger finger.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

So if Q and his contract aren't worth a prospect like Bregman or Meadows...then who is?

I always thought you had to trade more prospects for an allstar MLB player. Apparently now you have to trade more MLB players for one untouchable prospect? GMAFB.

Chris Sale was worth the absolute #1 prospect plus three other really good prospects.

Jose Quintana can get Bregman+

Jose Quintana can get Meadows+

It's not even a debate.

It's just going to have to hurt if you're the Astros or Pirates. That's how trading for Allstar pitchers with legendary contracts works.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 06:28 PM)
So if Q and his contract aren't worth a prospect like Bregman or Meadows...then who is?

I always thought you had to trade more prospects for an allstar MLB player. Apparently now you have to trade more MLB players for one untouchable prospect? GMAFB.

Chris Sale was worth the absolute #1 prospect plus three other really good prospects.

Jose Quintana can get Bregman+

Jose Quintana can get Meadows+

It's not even a debate.

It's just going to have to hurt if you're the Astros or Pirates. That's how trading for Allstar pitchers with legendary contracts works.

Q is worth those guys + but doesn't mean their teams will trade them. That said, I don't think anyone is ever untouchable. Maybe the 'Stros don't want to include Bregman but that could change, same with Meadows and anyone else. There's no reason for posters to keep yelling that "Bregman wont be traded" every time he gets mentioned. No one knows if that's true or not.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 06:27 PM)
I know it's trash, but it's interesting to discuss

I'd have to agree. More often than not that site grasps at straws, but it doesn't hurt to discuss it.

Martes, Tucker, and Paulino are the Astros 1, 2, and 4 prospects. That's not that bad, although I really wish they would get some damn hitters.