Sox holding talks "daily" on Q

Sleepy Harold

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idk, the more I look at it the more I'm starting to think the Astros prospects are a little overrated. Don't get me wrong, they still have a very deep and talented system, but I'm starting to question how good of a duo Martes/Tucker really is. If the Gammons rumor of the offer for Archer is true there has to be something up between the Sox and Astros. If Martes and Tucker + is really on the table for a SP and there's no deal yet it tells me that either the Astros don't like Q or the Sox don't like Martes and or Tucker....or Peter gammons is possibly making stuff up...The connection for the trade just seems too obvious, I can't believe the 3rd and 4th pieces of the deal have been holding it up for a month +.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 5, 2017 -> 05:16 PM)
Im just as surprised as you. I like Gammons but I have a difficult time believing the Rays said no to that deal offer.

These GM's aren't going by prospect rankings. It's entirely possible TB's scouts just don't like Tucker and/or Martes all that much.

I think the white sox are adamant that Bregman is included. And it is Bregman who is the "MLB" piece that Luhnow balked at not Musgrove. Outside of getting a longer shot in the bigs last year, Bregman is no different than a Moncada level player that we got for Sale. And everything we heard is that Hahn wants a Sale type return for Q (albeit w likely more position players than pitchers). So I think Bregman/tucker is the ask similar to Moncada/Kopech and the last couple pieces will be negotiated fairly quickly if Luhnow comes around to the first two.

QUOTE (heirdog @ Jan 5, 2017 -> 07:48 PM)
I think the white sox are adamant that Bregman is included. And it is Bregman who is the "MLB" piece that Luhnow balked at not Musgrove. Outside of getting a longer shot in the bigs last year, Bregman is no different than a Moncada level player that we got for Sale. And everything we heard is that Hahn wants a Sale type return for Q (albeit w likely more position players than pitchers). So I think Bregman/tucker is the ask similar to Moncada/Kopech and the last couple pieces will be negotiated fairly quickly if Luhnow comes around to the first two.

If he wouldn't for Sale, I don't think he will here either.

Npt thinking we get Bregman but I could see the Sox still demanding him.

Either way you have to think the Sox arent accepting a prospect package heavy offer from Houston either. Maybe Pittsburgh had made a much better offer.

Either way showing the price of TB is great for Qs value.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Jan 5, 2017 -> 08:35 PM)
Npt thinking we get Bregman but I could see the Sox still demanding him.

Either way you have to think the Sox arent accepting a prospect package heavy offer from Houston either. Maybe Pittsburgh had made a much better offer.

Either way showing the price of TB is great for Qs value.

Based on what we've heard whispered, I think in every case Hahn is holding out for the top line guy in each system - Yankees, Astros, Pirates - and just waiting for one of them to blink.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 5, 2017 -> 04:37 PM)
Based on what we've heard whispered, I think in every case Hahn is holding out for the top line guy in each system - Yankees, Astros, Pirates - and just waiting for one of them to blink.

I hope it is a little more nuanced than this, but that's the general idea, yes.

For instance, I don't care for Martes/Tucker as much as Meadows/Glasnow or Torres/Frazier.

But if the Astros refuse to move Bregman, than I hope the ask by Hahn obviously compensates for the fact that Martes/Tucker may be a tier below the Pirates and Yankees top line guy(s).

QUOTE (heirdog @ Jan 5, 2017 -> 05:48 PM)

I agree completely. I think Hahn is being pretty firm that it's Bregman+ or no deal, as he rightfully should be saying. How can you trade an Allstar innings-eater on a peanuts deal for tablescrap prospects like Tucker/Martes as a headliner. What an absolute joke of a trade that would be.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 5, 2017 -> 05:29 PM)
Also possible that Gammons is full of s*** with the Astros proposals

I feel that way too. The sox "ask" of Marte/Tucker/Musgrove seemed light and a number of people said the sox would've said no to that, not the astros.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 03:37 AM)
Wtf are you doing there?? That's badass. What are some interesting things about Cambodia most wouldn't know?

Just traveling. I am in Siem Reap at the moment and there are a lot of tourists here. There is a lot to see if you are interested in ancient cultures and temples. Angkor Wat is here.

It has been very hard discussing baseball because of the time difference. Following these Q rumors has felt like a drag because when I start waking up, people back home are going to bed.

I made a small sacrifice at a Shiva temple yesterday. I asked that Hahn continue his plundering of farm systems and that Q brings the biggest prize. Hopefully Shiva was pleased with her orange juice.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 05:08 AM)
Try to make it over to Nha Trang, Hue and Da Nang in Vietnam unless you're going the clockwise direction into Thailand for return.

Angkor Wat is one of the coolest wonders of the world (takes a FULL two days) but, for my money, Machu Picchu is still the best.

Vietnam is next! Going to be in Hanoi for a week then its back home.

Machu Picchu is definitely on my list.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 05:14 AM)
This is the strangest turn yet in this thread.

That would probably have to involve Adam LaRoche wanting to provide a first-person account to SoxTalk about his mission trip saving women from human trafficking and the red-light districts of Thailand.

Back to feathered serpiente talk.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 08:32 AM)
Trade Melky to giants

Trade Frazier to St louis Cardinals or new York Mets

Trade Jose Quintana to the Pirates or Rockies

Trade Abreu to Texas Rangers

Sounds simple enough.