President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

https://www.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-defian...-100042667.html

Now Syria's Assad is piggybacking on Trump and claiming 13,000 weren't killed/tortured...it's all FAKE news.

I love how so many are acting like there is no immigration vetting process in place now...and that it's not one of the most stringent in the world.

Good god.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 08:24 AM)
...didn't he just say yesterday that Republicans might not get around to doing anything with Obamacare until next year?

e: "The list comes from Obama!" may be the worst talking point yet from Trumpists

deny truth all you wish.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 08:32 AM)
Nobody in America likes separating families, especially green card/permanent resident families.

Obama's list was never intended to be used as a comprehensive travel ban.

If the case was allowed to back to District Court for discovery, the odds of winning are currently 1-2%.

Trump's ego won't allow Gorsuch being blocked for long...and there's no way (in the current political climate) he peels off 8 Dems to get to 60. At best, he gets Manchin from WV.

Go after 8-11 million people at once and you'll be blocked by half the states in the country in the courts. You might have 25% of the country agreeing...and the economic impact would be over $1 trillion. The sheer number of agents to go house to house and forcibly round up that many people would be astronomical.

So jobs and dems wasting money. Not surprised.

QUOTE (brett05 @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 08:55 AM)
deny truth all you wish.

I mean, I could find instances where Bush and other Presidents also mentioned those countries together in a speech or even a policy, but that has zero to do with the point. Neither Obama nor anyone other than Trump suggested blocking everyone from those countries (not to mention adding the exception for non-Muslims). The relationship you are trying to draw doesn't have any logical footing.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 08:58 AM)
I mean, I could find instances where Bush and other Presidents also mentioned those countries together in a speech or even a policy, but that has zero to do with the point. Neither Obama nor anyone other than Trump suggested blocking everyone from those countries (not to mention adding the exception for non-Muslims). The relationship you are trying to draw doesn't have any logical footing.

I can't help you clearly

QUOTE (brett05 @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 08:11 AM)
1) The Us Protects minority groups with refugees in general

2) You don't bring in minors without their parents

3) The list comes from President Obama

4) It's not unconstitutional, the 9th district did not rule on it's constitutionality

5) The nuclear option won't happen in time nor will it be necessary. As you all were wrong with the election you are all wrong thinking that this will be anything but in favor of the President. I have more faith in the liberals on the Courts than you liberals here.

6) The 11,000,000 are all criminals. Not just 800,000. You tell that it's ok to those families that have lost loved ones thanks to the crime of illegals.

So far, greatest President ever. He made promises and he's keeping them at lightning speed including fixing our healthcare not just dismantling it like every single liberal though he'd do.

I have to say, I am surprised to see you so openly promoting both Obama and Biden. Liberal.

QUOTE (brett05 @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 06:44 AM)
I do, it's not, it's a ban for a short period of time from 7 countries. It is not a ban on Muslims. 90% of the foreign Muslims are under no such EO. Just stop, please folks, I know you don't like anything that helps America. Please just stop.

I don't like things that help America? Please refrain from telling me what to do.

QUOTE (brett05 @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 09:42 AM)
Feel free to pack those bags at anytime. I'll even drive ya.

The feeling is mutual. The next time you give a clear, concise, policy driven post with any sort of actual thought process instead of repeating the talking points you are being fed... will be your first.

All I have seen is name calling as a sad substitute for any intelligent thought. This board might be full of liberals, but at least 95% of them can put together a thought on their own.

You have gotten to the point of supporting Barack Obama to make your point, and that is just sad.

Board Question:

There was a decent article sometime back comparing how Trump could end up like Jimmy Carter, in that Carter fumbled his relationship with a majority dem congress so badly nothing of substance passed.

If tax reform and ACA measures can't get passed (say takes too long then Dems gain the House in 18), do we see it as remotely possible Trump would be primaried?

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 09:54 AM)
Board Question:

There was a decent article sometime back comparing how Trump could end up like Jimmy Carter, in that Carter fumbled his relationship with a majority dem congress so badly nothing of substance passed.

If tax reform and ACA measures can't get passed (say takes too long then Dems gain the House in 18), do we see it as remotely possible Trump would be primaried?

I don't think there is any question that someone will run against him. There are a couple of guys out there who have been setting themselves up to do so.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 09:54 AM)
Board Question:

4 years is a long time, and Trump could easily get things back on track for himself.

The problem is Trump's personality. He just seems unable to even handle the slightest critique or set back. This court case is the perfect example. Instead of pulling the EO and deciding to fight another day on a battlefield that is better for him, he decides to dig in and compound his problems. It is likely because he refuses to listen to anyone but himself, because as he has said, Trump is smarter than everyone.

All he has to do is say: "I respect the judiciary and after reading their opinion and discussing with my staff we are going to create a new better safer EO that will be the most magical EO ever."

Instead he is going to keep taking PR hits about losses. And if he takes this appeal to the Supreme Court, he likely loses as well. Now if he fights it out at the circuit court level to completion, then appeals, he likely has a much better chance at winning. But that would take a long time.

Trump just isnt used to this type of litigation, he is used to being able to use time/money to wear and grind his opponent down. Unfortunately he is on the other side, where he needs quick relief, and that just isnt going to be possible.

SEE YOU IN COURT!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 09:52 AM)
The feeling is mutual. The next time you give a clear, concise, policy driven post with any sort of actual thought process instead of repeating the talking points you are being fed... will be your first.

All I have seen is name calling as a sad substitute for any intelligent thought. This board might be full of liberals, but at least 95% of them can put together a thought on their own.

You have gotten to the point of supporting Barack Obama to make your point, and that is just sad.

The only one suporting the dems in here and portraying a Conservative is you.

But hey, you keep thinking nothign has been added. You libs do a great job of sticking your head in the ground and blame everyone else.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 10:03 AM)
LOL no way. What sunlight has he put between him and Trump?

I agree with this. Anybody that primaries Trump will have to run on the differences between them and the administration.

Now, it could be that if Congress and the administration can't get anything done, that Ryan begins to distance himself from the President and could conceivably make a run.