RUMOR: Nothing to see here

Y2Jimmy0

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 01:12 PM)
Maybe the tweet meant to say "Sox trying work out a deal with the Twins for Park." Like a Park for cash considerations or PTBNL" type of deal. Teams do that when a player is in DFA status and can reject an assignment to the minors knowing that another team can claim or sign him (after he's released).

Park for James Shields. Get it done Rick!

Maybe the tweet meant to say "Sox trying work out a deal with the Twins for Park." Like a Park for cash considerations or PTBNL" type of deal. Teams do that when a player is in DFA status and can reject an assignment to the minors knowing that another team can claim or sign him (after he's released).

He said he copied the text he received straight to twitter. After the Park to AAA news just broke, I asked him to grill his source about why the incorrect info. Like I said, his source doesn't even work for the team or even work in baseball, so I'm not sure what credibility HIS source has either.

Park doesn't have the status to reject the assignment. That's why it made no sense Minnesota would release him if he cleared. They have to pay him anyway.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 01:16 PM)
Park doesn't have the status to reject the assignment. That's why it made no sense Minnesota would release him if he cleared. They have to pay him anyway.

I kinda got at that. My last sentence touches that. Was getting at maybe Sox wanted him but thought he might get claimed. I knew he wasn't eligible to reject it.

Edited by soxfan2014

How about the timing on this one from Sears? Its like he was intentionally trying to show chili he was making s*** up. If there was any question before he cleared that up pretty damn quickly.

Anything or anyone associated with sportsmockery isnt credible at all.

QUOTE (shipps @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 01:23 PM)
How about the timing on this one from Sears? Its like he was intentionally trying to show chili he was making s*** up. If there was any question before he cleared that up pretty damn quickly.

They have this really attractive woman who works there that does like Facebook live updates (so legit haha). She's a great snapchat follow. Total smokeshow. When she said she worked for Sports Mockery I just couldn't help but shake my head haha

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 01:26 PM)
They have this really attractive woman who works there that does like Facebook live updates (so legit haha). She's a great snapchat follow. Total smokeshow.

I'm pretty sure it's against forum policy to not provide a link in that case.

I didn't even post the rumor because I don't even follow the guy on twitter. I only see things from him when WhiteSoxDave or Owen or someone retweets it. I never said he was credible, I just said he has gotten a couple things right recently so he is worth monitoring.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 01:28 PM)
I didn't even post the rumor because I don't even follow the guy on twitter. I only see things from him when WhiteSoxDave or Owen or someone retweets it. I never said he was credible, I just said he has gotten a couple things right recently so he is worth monitoring.

I think the point was that he was never even worth monitoring.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 12:51 PM)
If he went unclaimed and could be signed for the veteran's minimum, I'd be all over that like a fat guy eating Cheeto's.

Lol, well done! You're learning quickly.

Looks like Park cleared waivers and the twins invited him to ST. Maybe Sears should stick to writing about the cubs because it's clear that he and his sources know s*** about Sox baseball. But hey, as long as he spouts off about something, followers will continue to follow.

^

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 01:28 PM)

Well, if you throw enough at the wall...

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 03:24 PM)
I would just like to say that I would like us signing Park. His contract isn't a big deal, and he hits the ball hard when he hits it.

I agree, $10 million over 3 years is peanuts and if he can improve a bit on his contact issues he could be well worth the risk. That power is real.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 03:24 PM)
I would just like to say that I would like us signing Park. His contract isn't a big deal, and he hits the ball hard when he hits it.

Except we won't be able to sign him for some time. He's off the Twins for 40-man roster and paying him so there is no reason for them to release him if they can keep him in AAA.