77 members have voted

1. 1. What Players Should be on the New Banner

• Current Players/Veterans
    • The Kids/Prospects

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While we appreciate everyone's feedback we've decided to go in another direction, instead of highlighting the exciting young players in the org the site banner will instead be honoring heroes of years past. First up: White Sox legend Adam Dunn, i think all can appreciate his contribution to White Sox history.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Feb 17, 2017 -> 06:23 PM)
While we appreciate everyone's feedback we've decided to go in another direction, instead of highlighting the exciting young players in the org the site banner will instead be honoring heroes of years past. First up: White Sox legend Adam Dunn, i think all can appreciate his contribution to White Sox history.

So we're going with the tongue in cheek banner ? Who's next Keppinger, ? Latos ? LaRoche ? Swisher ?

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Feb 17, 2017 -> 04:17 PM)
Adam Dunn is what caused this rebuild!

They finished 12 games out of a playoff spot so they needed help, but it's funny to think how different this could all be if Adam Dunn didn't have the worst season in the 140 year history of baseball.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 17, 2017 -> 09:29 PM)
They finished 12 games out of a playoff spot so they needed help, but it's funny to think how different this could all be if Adam Dunn didn't have the worst season in the 140 year history of baseball.

It's crazy when you remember he was an All-Star the next season.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Feb 17, 2017 -> 08:23 PM)

This is absolutely a no brainer. Thank you for putting this together for us.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Feb 17, 2017 -> 08:13 PM)
Let's go all out and put Jaimie Navarro, Jose Paniagua and Joey Belle up there. The ultimate s***-show.

Why do you hate Albert Belle ? He had one of the greatest seasons in Sox history and then were able to get rid of him before he got hurt ? Win Win . In 1998 Belle had 399 total bases . The most Frank Thomas ever had was 364 . Trout and Willie Mays never got that high. Hank Aaron reached exactly 400 once. Pujol's high was 394. That 1998 season was a historic year for Belle.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Feb 18, 2017 -> 07:37 AM)
Why do you hate Albert Belle ? He had one of the greatest seasons in Sox history and then were able to get rid of him before he got hurt ? Win Win . In 1998 Belle had 399 total bases . The most Frank Thomas ever had was 364 . Trout and Willie Mays never got that high. Hank Aaron reached exactly 400 once. Pujol's high was 394. That 1998 season was a historic year for Belle.

Doesn't change that Albert Belle was a living piece of garbage.

Can we get a Norberto Martin banner?

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Feb 18, 2017 -> 07:37 AM)

I don't hate anyone but Belle is and always was an asshole. I spent alot of time at the Cell that year in what I think was called the lower deck reserved in LF. Belle was an asshole to fans as well as the Sox bullpen pitchers. Witnessed that first hand on more than one occasion. Then there's the stories of him being an asshole in the clubhouse , just ask Lofton and Thomas. No doubt Belle had an incredible year but Belle was always about Belle first and foremost. The prick always had a chip on his shoulder for some reason or another. As good as he was I was glad when he opted out.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Feb 18, 2017 -> 10:34 AM)
I don't hate anyone but Belle is and always was an asshole. I spent alot of time at the Cell that year in what I think was called the lower deck reserved in LF. Belle was an asshole to fans as well as the Sox bullpen pitchers. Witnessed that first hand on more than one occasion. Then there's the stories of him being an asshole in the clubhouse , just ask Lofton and Thomas. No doubt Belle had an incredible year but Belle was always about Belle first and foremost. The prick always had a chip on his shoulder for some reason or another. As good as he was I was glad when he opted out.

Give me a team full of assholes who can produce like that. Remember the play when Belle was on 1st and a grounder was hit to the 2nd baseman ? He went to tag Belle and Belle tagged him with a huge elbow . At the time loved it. Not sure the 2nd baseman completed the throw to 1st but the ump called the out for interference or something. Now that's a team player ! :P He definitely had some Ty Cobb in him.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Feb 18, 2017 -> 04:24 PM)
Give me a team full of assholes who can produce like that. Remember the play when Belle was on 1st and a grounder was hit to the 2nd baseman ? He went to tag Belle and Belle tagged him with a huge elbow . At the time loved it. Not sure the 2nd baseman completed the throw to 1st but the ump called the out for interference or something. Now that's a team player ! :P He definitely had some Ty Cobb in him.

I vaguely remember the play. Respectfully disagree on the team player thing. 25 Albert Belle's in the same clubhouse would never take the field because they would be brawling each before game time. :lol:

QUOTE (Al Lopez's Ghost @ Feb 18, 2017 -> 04:31 PM)
The irony here is off the charts.

Yeah, you aren't kidding! It's one thing to be an asshole but Cobb was juuuuust a bit more than that.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Feb 18, 2017 -> 05:25 PM)
I vaguely remember the play. Respectfully disagree on the team player thing. 25 Albert Belle's in the same clubhouse would never take the field because they would be brawling each before game time. :lol:

Yeah, you aren't kidding! It's one thing to be an asshole but Cobb was juuuuust a bit more than that.

He was on Cleveland at the time and he nailed Fernando Vina and actually he prevented the DP Here's an article about Belle Moments including the highlight of that play.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/mlb-the-5...html/?a=viewall

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Feb 22, 2017 -> 12:31 AM)
Like both equally Kalaspe but I would go with Q for the time being so he can be honored for the rest of his days as a White Sox pitcher. IMHO, Q has earned it. Once Q is traded we can switch to the Anderson, Rodon, Moncada banner.

Again, great work.

Actually, I'm with you on that one. If it ain't too much trouble of course.