Updated teams interested in Q

harfman77

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GreenSox @ May 23, 2017 -> 03:56 PM)
It's 4 top 100s (by some counts) and if you get Tucker/Martes, you won't get much else.

If Sox don't think thatd Tucker/Martes are that far ahead of the other group, then do it.

No one has Daz Cameron as a top 100 prospect

QUOTE (GreenSox @ May 23, 2017 -> 03:56 PM)
It's 4 top 100s (by some counts) and if you get Tucker/Martes, you won't get much else.

If Sox don't think thatd Tucker/Martes are that far ahead of the other group, then do it.

This would be a pretty even trade for both sides, but I'm not sure Houston wants to part with 4 top 15 organizational prospects for one player

QUOTE (steveno89 @ May 23, 2017 -> 03:52 PM)
Quintana comes with an additional season of control, which you certainly cannot discount that value.

Bleacher report proposed: Quintana for Fisher, Paulino, Perez and Cameron

Certainly a very interesting proposal due to the depth, but not getting Tucker or Martes is curious.

It isn't a bad haul, as you are getting #47, #75, and #98 of the top 100 prospects in baseball, plus a high ceiling wild card in Cameron.

I do have to look at teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, and Dodgers, as well as teams not really in contention but with Q fitting their time line such as the Braves and think they could easily beat it by including guys they have in the top 25 if they wanted Q.

QUOTE (yesterday333 @ May 23, 2017 -> 05:02 PM)
I think a fair package from Houston would be Tucker, Fisher, one of (Paulino, Whitley, or Perez) and somebody in their 20-30 range. There are some really interesting pieces in there.

Would still love to get AJ Reed in there somewhere if possible.

How are Reed and White doing?

Marisnick would be interesting if he had more years of control.

Right now, if you want a lefty, renting Jason Vargas or Derek Holland are two of the best bets and won't cost you much.

Unless the Rangers add instead of subtract, and hold onto Darvish, the Astros have no threats to deal with in the AL West.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 23, 2017 -> 06:15 PM)
How are Reed and White doing?

I'm assuming you meant Whitley?

A.J. Reed (just turned 24, AAA) - .276/.379/.454/.832 (14.1% BB, 28.2% SO)

Forrest Whitley (19, low A) - 5 GS, 3.60 ERA (2.49 FIP) 20 IP 17 H 8 R 8 ER 4 BB 31 SO (13.95 K/9, 1.80 BB/9)

Things are shaping up nicely, IMHO. The Yanks, Boston and Baltimore are in a tight race with 2/3 interested in Q. Then there's the Brewers (rumored interest in Q last winter ) leading the cubs and cards, both of which need pitching too. Would love to see the Brewers become serious bidders. Especially if the Brewers were willing to part with Brinson and Phillips.

Yanks, Boston, Brewers, Cubs and cards have the prospects to trade for Q so that's a good start. Plus you never know with teams like the Rockies and Dodgers so if Smeagol Luhnow insists on keeping his most precious prospects, that's fine with me. Personally, I really like what the Yanks, Brewers and Cubs have to offer.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 23, 2017 -> 05:53 PM)
I'm assuming you meant Whitley?

A.J. Reed (just turned 24, AAA) - .276/.379/.454/.832 (14.1% BB, 28.2% SO)

Forrest Whitley (19, low A) - 5 GS, 3.60 ERA (2.49 FIP) 20 IP 17 H 8 R 8 ER 4 BB 31 SO (13.95 K/9, 1.80 BB/9)

Tyler White, the guy who started off really hot for them in 2016 and then cooled off quickly and played himself off the roster.

We don't really need any more 1B/DH types anyway. And as far as the Astros' system goes, one more feather in their cap is that Domingo Santana looks like he's going to be a keeper with the Brewers after struggling out of the gate at the MLB level.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 23, 2017 -> 07:55 PM)
Tyler White, the guy who started off really hot for them in 2016 and then cooled off quickly and played himself off the roster.

Ah. Never even heard his name mentioned in rumors nor is he a prospect. Was wondering where he came from.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 23, 2017 -> 07:09 PM)
Ah. Never even heard his name mentioned in rumors nor is he a prospect. Was wondering where he came from.

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=m...itting/2017/ALL

An 875 minor league OPS isn't something to sneeze at if you're talking a 4th/5th expendable piece. Obviously, Reed's clearly the better overall prospect, though.

But 26 years old this season...I don't know, it's hard to see guys like Delmonico and Danny Hayes clearly surpassing him. Willy Garcia has a lifetime MILB OPS of 727, for example. Granted, Garcia can play the OF, but he's someone like Davidson that you could give at-bats to and see if he can catch fire, heck, just like Avi Garcia this year.

Q will return a top 20 prospect. It will be one of:

Jimenez, Robles, Rodgers, Martes, Devers, Brinson

If Price isn't producing by the trade deadline, my money would be on Q to Boston. Devers would be a very nice addition to 3B.

QUOTE (striker @ May 24, 2017 -> 06:13 AM)

If Price isn't producing by the trade deadline, my money would be on Q to Boston. Devers would be a very nice addition to 3B.

I think Tucker has shown he is a top20 prospect. His ranking will reflect it soon. And I am down on Marte being the top piece in return.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 24, 2017 -> 08:40 AM)
Who would you choose between Happ and Jimenez...assuming they don't want Schwarber or the Cubs won't discount him?

Baez would fit nicely if they had to move Anderson off SS, but that's a long ways from happening still. He'd be 3b for the White Sox.

Schwarber has what, 4 years of control after this season? Not really a fan of that.

I would want both Happ and Jimenez but that would likely mean one other prospect comes along with them instead of a deal centering around Happ OR Jimenez plus 3 or 4 guys.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (striker @ May 24, 2017 -> 07:13 AM)

You'd have to think Tucker is considered a top 25 prospect at this point as well given his age and performance

QUOTE (striker @ May 24, 2017 -> 07:13 AM)

Boston has been hanging with the Yanks despite Price being out so if Price returns healthy he should provide a nice boost for Boston. Could put pressure on the Yanks to counter Price's return by making an offer for Q. If Price does not return then I welcome an ALE bidding war between Boston and NY, which I think the Yanks would win.

Need the Brewers to stay relevant in the NLC to keep pressure on the cubs. Hopefully both teams will be interested in Q.

Edited by BlackSox13

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 23, 2017 -> 07:55 PM)

We don't really need any more 1B/DH types anyway. And as far as the Astros' system goes, one more feather in their cap is that Domingo Santana looks like he's going to be a keeper with the Brewers after struggling out of the gate at the MLB level.

Not sure where you are getting that we do not need any 1B/DH prospects. Our system doesn't really have any solid 1B or DH prospects in it right now.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ May 24, 2017 -> 11:04 AM)
Boston has been hanging with the Yanks despite Price being out so if Price returns healthy he should provide a nice boost for Boston. Could put pressure on the Yanks to counter Price's return by making an offer for Q. If Price does not return then I welcome an ALE bidding war between Boston and NY, which I think the Yanks would win.

Need the Brewers to stay relevant in the NLC to keep pressure on the cubs. Hopefully both teams will be interested in Q.

AL East, NL Central and NL West are shaping up to be very tight races this season. I could see suitors emerging from any of those divisions for Quintana around the deadline.