Updated teams interested in Q

harfman77

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (oldsox @ May 16, 2017 -> 08:16 PM)
Rodgers makes sense. After missing first 2-3 weeks of season, he now has slash line of 405/422/655/1077 in High A.

Well, I jinxed young Mr. Rodgers. As soon as I said something nice about him, he goes 0 for 5 with 4 K's.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ May 16, 2017 -> 05:21 PM)
I think the bidding for Q will come down to the Cubs and Cards. Both have a need at SP and cost controlled SP at that. I don't see the Nats doing much to their rotation as they are likely to run away with that division in the second half and with all the injuries the Mets have, it doesn't make a lot of sense for them to be chasing a pennant this season.

It doesn't make sense for them to chase a title now considering Harper will walk after 2018?

I don't get that logic at all. If anything they should do whatever they can possibly do now to win this year and next.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ May 17, 2017 -> 09:04 AM)
It doesn't make sense for them to chase a title now considering Harper will walk after 2018?

I don't get that logic at all. If anything they should do whatever they can possibly do now to win this year and next.

Yeah I don't understand that that logic either. But I do agree with him that I think Nats will be interested in Q but will shy away from the price (likely a lot of teams will).

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ May 17, 2017 -> 09:04 AM)

It doesn't make sense for the Mets.

The Nats likely aren't going to need the help with how weak their division is.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ May 17, 2017 -> 09:24 AM)

Ah I see. I misread your post. But still, I think the Nationals will be buyers. They'll likely run away in the East but their bullpen is nowhere near playoff caliber.

QUOTE (striker @ May 17, 2017 -> 09:44 AM)
Quintana + Jones for Dahl, Rodgers, Hoffman, Almonte, Pedro Gonzalez.

To me that's an interesting trade proposal, of course Jones has to return and pitch well. No idea if that will happen for him or not this year.

QUOTE (striker @ May 17, 2017 -> 10:44 AM)

Here's Dave Cameron's response to your proposal:

Dave Cameron

12:04

I wouldn't take that if I was the White Sox. That's an injured maybe average player, an overrated prospect, an okay pitching prospect, and some stuff. They could do better.

QUOTE (striker @ May 17, 2017 -> 10:44 AM)

This would get me very excited. Which means it probably isn't possible.

To get Dahl, Rodgers and Hoffman alone would be pretty fantastic. But to add more interesting pieces? Probably a pipe dream.

I'm not that high on Rodgers so I wouldn't be that excited about that package. His home parks in both Asheville (Low A) and Lancaster (High A) are bigger hitter parks than Coors is, and his road numbers are pedestrian at best. Plus doesn't he have questionable defense? I agree with Cameron that he's overrated.

Edited by OmarComing25

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ May 17, 2017 -> 11:48 AM)
I'm not that high on Rodgers so I wouldn't be that excited about that package. His home parks in both Asheville (Low A) and Lancaster (High A) are bigger hitter parks than Coors is, and his road numbers are pedestrian at best. Plus doesn't he have questionable defense? I agree with Cameron that he's overrated.

I don't know. Rodgers has good power potential to move to 3b, which is something that people were not sure of with Swanson/Bregman.

I'd probably take that deal.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ May 17, 2017 -> 09:24 AM)

Was it just two years ago when Nats blew a big lead and fell out of playoffs? They should make a bullpen trade with someone.

QUOTE (yesterday333 @ May 17, 2017 -> 11:43 AM)
I was kinda thinking the same thing. I think you've got to get Tapia and/or Mcmahon in there as well.

Ya know, at first I kinda giggled ( shame on me) when you mentioned McMahon because he was no better than Trey last season. Then I looked up McMahon to see what he's doing this year and was surprised. Looks like he's adjusted to AA well this year, much better numbers than 2016. If he continues to hit he should make it AAA at some point this summer. Good call.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ May 17, 2017 -> 12:48 PM)

Rockies have their own risks they'll be inheriting, a poor performing Quintana and an injury risk in Jones.