Updated teams interested in Q

harfman77

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 12:59 PM)
Jim Bowden @JimBowden_ESPN

6m

#WhiteSox continue to work hard on Jose Quintana trade that could happen before opening day with Astros & Braves appear best possibilities

Jim Bowden @JimBowden_ESPN

20s

A potential #WhiteSox #Astros deal would be centered around a package of both Frances Martes and Kyle Tucker. However, nothing close.

Why even tweet this? If nothing is close then how would a deal be centered around those two?

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 02:08 PM)
Why even tweet this? If nothing is close then how would a deal be centered around those two?

You can have a couple of pieces in place, but not the rest. The possibility exists that much like the Red Sox deal, the top pieces fell into place, but it was the third player and beyond the teams had debate on. Remember the White Sox wanted Devers, but Boston wasn't willing. Moncada and Kopech were already in place.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 12:29 PM)
You can have a couple of pieces in place, but not the rest. The possibility exists that much like the Red Sox deal, the top pieces fell into place, but it was the third player and beyond the teams had debate on. Remember the White Sox wanted Devers, but Boston wasn't willing. Moncada and Kopech were already in place.

If those two pieces are in place, after all this time, it's close.

Makes you wonder about Luhnow's latest comment in re "the ask..."

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 02:36 PM)
If those two pieces are in place, after all this time, it's close.

Makes you wonder about Luhnow's latest comment in re "the ask..."

Not necesarily. If Houston is saying Martes, Tucker, and C level prospects/nothing else while the White Sox are saying something like Tucker/Martes/Reed/Fisher, that is a pretty big gap.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 02:45 PM)
Martes and Tucker and after that I would love:

One of:

Franklin Perez

Ramon Laureano

Garrett Stubbs

One of:

Daz Cameron

Jason Martin

Miguelangel Sierra

I say dump the overrated and costly (prospect currency wise) Martes and go with Tucker, Reed, Perez and Laureano. Overall I'd still rather work with the Yankees or Pirates though.

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 02:56 PM)
I say dump the overrated and costly (prospect currency wise) Martes and go with Tucker, Reed, Perez and Laureano. Overall I'd still rather work with the Yankees or Pirates though.

The Pirates are not going to come to play. They want the player but will never be willing to part with the prospects that it takes. They can keep the prospects and struggle to even make it into the playoffs let alone win a playoff series for all I care.

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 02:56 PM)

I don't see either as likely until mid-season and depending on how say McCutchen is doing.

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 03:25 PM)
Of course and I get that; however, there has been a reticence to name him when he is clearly healthy and the man for the job.

I still would say 90% chance that Quintana is on the White Sox roster by opening day

Teams know the price, Sox have zero reason to budge

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 03:39 PM)
I'd be underwhelmed.

"Martes and Tucker and after that I would love:

One of:

Franklin Perez

Ramon Laureano

Garrett Stubbs

One of:

Daz Cameron

Jason Martin

Miguelangel Sierra"

Martes + Tucker + Perez/Laureano/Stubbs + Cameron/Martin/Sierra would be a very compelling offer that I would find hard to pass up

I do not see Houston being willing to offer up 4 top 12 organizational prospects though

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 03:48 PM)
I do not see Houston being willing to offer up 4 top 12 organizational prospects though

Hopefully the fact that they draft 4 times before the 3rd round even helps persuade them that they can take the hit. They may not draft as good of prospects (which they could) but the lesser round guys at least helps replenish depth.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 03:54 PM)
Hopefully the fact that they draft 4 times before the 3rd round even helps persuade them that they can take the hit. They may not draft as good of prospects (which they could) but the lesser round guys at least helps replenish depth.

Eventually a contender (like the Astros) will realize it wants to win right now, and worry less about 5 years from now

What is to lose by naming Q the OD starter and still trading him before opening day? Do they think the fans will feel slighted if that happens?

They must really think there is a good chance he goes before then by going out fo their way to NOT name him the OD starter.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 04:00 PM)
Eventually a contender (like the Astros) will realize it wants to win right now, and worry less about 5 years from now

They may even realize that by May. And the good news is I fully expect the Sox to be willing to make a move early if someone meets their price.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 02:05 PM)
They may even realize that by May. And the good news is I fully expect the Sox to be willing to make a move early if someone meets their price.

I think once the season gets underway, you may as well see what the deadline brings.

Screw these teams for trying to play it cute.