Updated teams interested in Q

harfman77

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Mar 2, 2017 -> 11:36 AM)
Wonder what the Red Sox would have offered for Sale had this happened before the Sale trade.

Anyways what do the Red Sox even have to offer?

Devers, Groome, then what?

Devers, Groome, Travis and then another interesting piece. Or would that be too much? Maybe Devers, Groome and then 2 pieces in the range of the Diaz guy we got.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Mar 2, 2017 -> 12:36 PM)
Wonder what the Red Sox would have offered for Sale had this happened before the Sale trade.

Anyways what do the Red Sox even have to offer?

Devers, Groome, then what?

Bobby Dalbec. Don't know why Hahn didn't try to get him included in the Sale trade.

A few people mentioned this could kick the Yankees back in to the Q sweepstakes if they feel the Red Sox are more vulnerable now. Or...it could kick the Yankees back in to the Q sweepstakes, because they'd know they are f'ed for the next 3-4 years if Boston has both Quintana and Sale and both are on very team favoring contracts. To me that's the best case scenario, because I like the Yankees prospects the most here.

The Sox should kick start this in to motion with a leak that the Red Sox are inquiring about Quintana, and see where it goes. Should we expect a tweet from Bob Nightengale in the day or two? :)

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Mar 8, 2017 -> 10:39 AM)
Here's an article making a case for the Rays to make a run at acquiring Q. The Rays don't strike me as a team bold enough to cough up the haul it would take to get Q.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.draysbay.com...t-jose-quintana

I think they can compete for a wild card spot. Hopefully they are playing good early on and are looking for a starter in June or July. He's so cheap he would be the type of guy they could make a case to drop some prospects and trade for a front-of-the rotation guy. But they are also similar to the Pirates.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Mar 8, 2017 -> 10:45 AM)
I think they can compete for a wild card spot. Hopefully they are playing good early on and are looking for a starter in June or July. He's so cheap he would be the type of guy they could make a case to drop some prospects and trade for a front-of-the rotation guy. But they are also similar to the Pirates.

Yeah, Tampa is like Pitt in that they the prospects but I doubt they have the balls to actually go for it. I think it would take Adames, Honeywell, Bauers and Lowe for the Rays to get into the bidding.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Mar 2, 2017 -> 01:16 PM)
Dalbec looks like a monster just reading up on him

I REALLY wanted the Sox to draft Dalbec last year. He is a monster and slid to the 4th round after a really lackluster Jr year at UofA. Not sure if it was all his hype since he was projected as a high to mid 1st round going into the season....or the fact he was really getting jacked around between playing 3B and pitching. He finished the year ok after a miserable start...but this guy is definitely a monster who will be heard from down the road IMO.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Mar 8, 2017 -> 10:54 AM)
Yeah, Tampa is like Pitt in that they the prospects but I doubt they have the balls to actually go for it. I think it would take Adames, Honeywell, Bauers and Lowe for the Rays to get into the bidding.

Adames + Honeywell would be a must

Your proposed package is along the right lines of what it would take to land Quintana...a very steep price

I'd want Jesus Sanchez included in any Tampa Bay deal. He's 19 and dripping with talent

Austin Franklin is an interesting young arm

Adames + Honeywell + any two of Bauers/Gillespie/Lowe/Sanchez/Franklin would be a nice package of talent for the White Sox

Doubtful TB has the stones to pull off something like that though. They rely too heavily on their farm to stock the mlb roster to deplete it in a Q deal

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Mar 8, 2017 -> 10:39 AM)
Here's an article making a case for the Rays to make a run at acquiring Q. The Rays don't strike me as a team bold enough to cough up the haul it would take to get Q.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.draysbay.com...t-jose-quintana

They traded Smyly and will be trading Archer once his value rises again. They are sellers not buyers.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Mar 8, 2017 -> 11:14 AM)
Adames + Honeywell would be a must

Your proposed package is along the right lines of what it would take to land Quintana...a very steep price

I'd want Jesus Sanchez included in any Tampa Bay deal. He's 19 and dripping with talent

Austin Franklin is an interesting young arm

Adames + Honeywell + any two of Bauers/Gillespie/Lowe/Sanchez/Franklin would be a nice package of talent for the White Sox

Doubtful TB has the stones to pull off something like that though. They rely too heavily on their farm to stock the mlb roster to deplete it in a Q deal

Yeah, it is a steep price but I could live with Adames, Honeywell, Lowe and Sanchez. That should be pretty close for both teams. I don't think TB will be serious suitors for Q, just entertaining the possibility is all.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 16, 2017 -> 05:24 PM)
Seems likely the Braves have made best Q offer

https://www.fanragsports.com/mlb/heyman-11-...pring-training/

They seem most likely. Potential others:

Brewers - should be good again by 2018-2019 when they have minimal payroll and oodles of hitting talent. Doesn't fit the FO typical pattern tho.

Phillies - similar, but their farm isn't as good as the Brewers. Hard to see this.

San Diego - no clue, but they're weird

Oakland - see above

Other teams either don't have the prospects (Diamondbacks, Twins, Reds) or aren't really rebuilding, per se (Rays, Rox)

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 16, 2017 -> 07:07 PM)
Would love the Braves to swoop in and get him. To me, they have the best farm system in the MLB and they preach fundamentals top to bottom. First class org.

Would be odd timing for the Brewers to make a splash like Quintana though. They are in the middle of rebuilding and I don't see them shelling out a bunch of prospects right now