World Baseball Classic

BigHurt3515

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jon Morosi is laughable how he acts like this tournament matters other than being a showcase for baseball. It's fun, but it doesn't prove any sort of baseball world dominance. That's what 162 and the postseason are for.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 21, 2017 -> 11:30 PM)
Jon Morosi is laughable how he acts like this tournament matters other than being a showcase for baseball. It's fun, but it doesn't prove any sort of baseball world dominance. That's what 162 and the postseason is for.

I guess the same could be said about the World Cup.

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Mar 21, 2017 -> 10:32 PM)
I guess the same could be said about the World Cup.

Except you can't name more than a few non-injured international stars who have ever skipped a World Cup.

This isn't even the second or third best team the US could potentially send out there, particularly on the pitching side.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 06:59 AM)
Except you can't name more than a few non-injured international stars who have ever skipped a World Cup.

This isn't even the second or third best team the US could potentially send out there, particularly on the pitching side.

Right, definitely not a fair comparison there. I'm happy for everyone that has taken a liking to it this year but it'll never be something I'm in to.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 21, 2017 -> 11:30 PM)
Jon Morosi is laughable how he acts like this tournament matters other than being a showcase for baseball. It's fun, but it doesn't prove any sort of baseball world dominance. That's what 162 and the postseason are for.

Well only for fans of the MLB anyway.

Just got back from Dodger stadium. I went to both semi-finals games, and the Championship game. I gotta say, it was a lot of fun. Those Puerto Rican fans are intense, as are the Japanese. So many instruments! The game tonight was just shy of capacity, and it was loud. I really hope the US win catapults the WBC to relevance in this country, because it was honestly a blast.

The peak of the tourney to me was the first inning of the Netherlands-Puerto Rico semifinal game. You had two huge plays from Yadier Molina to make the first two outs and the atmosphere was just insane. Then Wladimir Balentien, who it seemed like was able to win games by sheer force of will, hits a bomb and just goes ham and as he watches it leave the yard. That was the most fun, but somewhere Ian Kinsler was s***ting himself watching all that disrespect.

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 23, 2017 -> 08:43 AM)
The peak of the tourney to me was the first inning of the Netherlands-Puerto Rico semifinal game. You had two huge plays from Yadier Molina to make the first two outs and the atmosphere was just insane. Then Wladimir Balentien, who it seemed like was able to win games by sheer force of will, hits a bomb and just goes ham and as he watches it leave the yard. That was the most fun, but somewhere Ian Kinsler was s***ting himself watching all that disrespect.

That was the best half inning of baseball I've watched in a long time.

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 23, 2017 -> 08:43 AM)

That's also how you do it - don't like the emotion shown by the other team? Get them back, don't complain about passion.