April 15th Game Thread: White Sox @ MN Twins

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 15, 2017 -> 02:33 PM)
Or you could perform like a professional.

If you go to your job Monday morning and they tell you that they are doing everything in their power to make sure you don't work there anymore is your focus and performance going to be the same? No, no it's not. I'd bet Q was watching out for trade rumors everyday just like all of us were. How could he not?

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Apr 15, 2017 -> 01:38 PM)
If you go to your job Monday morning and they tell you that they are doing everything in their power to make sure you don't work there anymore is your focus and performance going to be the same? No, no it's not. I'd bet Q was watching out for trade rumors everyday just like all of us were. How could he not?

If Q is that mentally fragile then i don't think he will be around the majors much longer.......

QUOTE (juddling @ Apr 15, 2017 -> 06:42 PM)
If Q is that mentally fragile then i don't think he will be around the majors much longer.......

The Q has shown us in the past that he can battle. I guess you just have to chalk it up to just one of those days

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 15, 2017 -> 02:44 PM)
Except that isn't the same thing, at all.

Blaming Hahn for this is such a simplistic approach to the situation.

Explain to me how it's not the same thing. Because it is. Fans expect athletes to be like robots, but I don't care who you are, if your mind isn't in the right place you're not going to perform your best. It's unrealistic to think Q was just going to show up to spring training like nothing was going on and be at his best to prepare for the season. I'm not saying Hahn is the reason Q is pitching poorly, because at the end of the day it is on him to make pitches. But to act like he didn't have huge distractions going on in the offseason that is directly leading to his bad start is a "simplistic approach to the situation."

It could have been avoided is all I'm saying. Either keep your business out of the media, or actually trade the guy. 1 or the other.