Game thread for Saturday, April 22nd at 610 pm cdt

elrockinMT

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 23, 2017 -> 03:41 AM)
I was there, pretty boring game. Nice 31k crowd though.

Was there much complaining going on in the stands? Any laughter at the bad team on the field this year? Any mention of the alleged "rebuild" from the fans? Tell us bout the crowd's demeanor please.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 22, 2017 -> 09:44 PM)
Was there much complaining going on in the stands? Any laughter at the bad team on the field this year? Any mention of the alleged "rebuild" from the fans? Tell us bout the crowd's demeanor please.

Well after the first 3 innings when I realized I wasn't that interested in the game, I went to the bar in RF and apparently, a lot of other people were uninterested as well.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 23, 2017 -> 03:46 AM)
Pretty sure it's 21 straight innings without multiple runners reaching base

LOL. I truly believe there is at least one member of Soxtalk (former high school or college players?) who have more "upside" at the plate than poor May.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 23, 2017 -> 03:46 AM)
Well after the first 3 innings when I realized I wasn't that interested in the game, I went to the bar in RF and apparently, a lot of other people were uninterested as well.

What was it like in the bar? Any mention of the team or the game?

People honestly seemed pretty bored for the most part. I guess that happens when you get 3 hits. Lots of applause for May's hit, however I don't know how much of it was sarcastic. Most left in the 7th/8th inning

And now...it begins....the major drop into the Seth Beer sweepstakes.

One thing I will say that surprises me is the attendance figures for some of these home games. Obviously a lot of Sox fans understand and approve of the rebuild. Either that or the Sox are really padding the figures.

Regarding Putnam...he's the same as Petricka and Tilson...can't stay healthy. Meaning they aren't worth anything even in a trade for a low A ball player.

Not that they are trying to get hurt...some guys are just unlucky.

Mark

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Apr 22, 2017 -> 11:32 PM)
And now...it begins....the major drop into the Seth Beer sweepstakes.

One thing I will say that surprises me is the attendance figures for some of these home games. Obviously a lot of Sox fans understand and approve of the rebuild. Either that or the Sox are really padding the figures.

Regarding Putnam...he's the same as Petricka and Tilson...can't stay healthy. Meaning they aren't worth anything even in a trade for a low A ball player.

Not that they are trying to get hurt...some guys are just unlucky.

Mark

I'd quite happily give up a low-A player that isn't worth anything to trade for Zach Putnam if I'm a playoff team. I think you'll be quite surprised at the return for him. He's day-to-day. Relax.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Apr 23, 2017 -> 06:11 AM)
I'd quite happily give up a low-A player that isn't worth anything to trade for Zach Putnam if I'm a playoff team. I think you'll be quite surprised at the return for him. He's day-to-day. Relax.

Cmon. You aren't going to get anything of note for Zach Putnam. Cmon now.

The majority of people I talk to are fine with the rebuild. They aren't idiots though.