White Sox Option Jacob May, recall Willy Garcia

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 2, 2017 -> 07:11 AM)
Mid May to early June, i.e. whenever they can get the extra year of service time out of Moncada, Delmonico, etc.

The extra year of service shouldn't be a concern for Delmonico.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 2, 2017 -> 08:11 AM)
Mid May to early June, i.e. whenever they can get the extra year of service time out of Moncada, Delmonico, etc.

It seems like Delmonico has been put at 3B but he is struggling defensively. I think he stays till Frazier is traded.

Almost has to be Garcia. Need a CF, and he's been playing some games there for this reason. The only true CF in Charlotte is Adam Engel, who opened the season ice cold and doesn't seem ready (though he has heated up in the last week or so). I don't think they'll do that to Engel.

There is a small chance it could be Jason Bourgeois, who has also played some CF, but he's not on the 40-man so I really doubt it.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 2, 2017 -> 07:11 AM)

Delmonico has not accrued any service time yet. He could be called up now and we would still have him for 6 full years plus the remainder of this year.

Moncada can be called up May 14th (if my math is correct) and still get the "7th" year out of him.

Giolito would be the 22nd and Lopez the 27th. Though neither appear to be ready.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 2, 2017 -> 07:51 AM)
Almost has to be Garcia. Need a CF, and he's been playing some games there for this reason. The only true CF in Charlotte is Adam Engel, who opened the season ice cold and doesn't seem ready (though he has heated up in the last week or so). I don't think they'll do that to Engel.

There is a small chance it could be Jason Bourgeois, who has also played some CF, but he's not on the 40-man so I really doubt it.

I thought we traded him to Tampa. Who am I confusing him with?

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ May 2, 2017 -> 07:59 AM)
Delmonico has not accrued any service time yet. He could be called up now and we would still have him for 6 full years plus the remainder of this year.

Moncada can be called up May 14th (if my math is correct) and still get the "7th" year out of him.

Giolito would be the 22nd and Lopez the 27th. Though neither appear to be ready.

I would like to see Moncada stay down for a while longer than May 15th. His defense is still iffy, and those strikeouts are a concern. There is no need to rush him up.

Lopez is pretty close to ready. But I am pretty sure Fulmer will be first up as a starter to replace a current one. Covey may move to the pen. The Sox knew he'd be learning as he went this year - he's never been above AA and missed most of last season as well. So I think they run him out there for a while longer.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ May 2, 2017 -> 08:16 AM)
What did the Sox end up getting in the Bourjos deal? International bonus money?

Cash considerations or a player to be named later.

My order of preference:

1. International slot allotment

2. Player to be named later

3. cash

When do they have to complete the trade by?

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ May 2, 2017 -> 09:47 AM)
They've been playing him in CF in the minors. Maybe he will play everyday?

Would be criminal to bench Leury when he's been hitting as well as he has

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ May 2, 2017 -> 08:09 AM)
I would assume until Rodon and Shields are both back in the rotation. Unless they trade Holland or Gonzalez.

I think we'll see Lopez in the rotation before Rodon.

Not convinced they'll chose Covey over Pelfrey when Shields comes back.