DRAFT TRACKER 2017, and Day One Discussion

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 06:22 PM)
I wanted Lux with the Burdi pick...but I also wanted Rutherford with the Collins pick.

Yup... I was on the Rutherford train too. :( If Collins can be a Adam Dunn with good D at catcher I'll be happy with it... think Rutherford will be an All-Star someday. Someway I hope he still winds up on the south side.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 03:28 PM)
Yup... I was on the Rutherford train too. :( If Collins can be a Adam Dunn with good D at catcher I'll be happy with it... think Rutherford will be an All-Star someday. Someway I hope he still winds up on the south side.

Do you believe Rutherford will show more power than what he has shown so far? I remember he supposedly did not have a great senior year and he was already 19 during his draft. Stat wise he appears to be having an "okay" year.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 08:41 PM)
Just got home from playing basketball, what's the consensus on the Jake pick?

Acceptance by some. Trepidation by others. Nothing outrageous I'd say. Top of the draft didn't shake out as well as it could have.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 03:35 PM)
How'd the selection go over on here? Everyone overreact to a player they havent watched?

Actually he was someone I liked but I would have preferred HS 1B Nick Pratto.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 08:43 PM)
Great pick.

He wasn't kicked off the team for stealing, hurting anybody or anything like that.

His stuff is great. Makeup and conditioning issues obvioysly. Could pay off big.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 08:41 PM)
Just got home from playing basketball, what's the overall opinion on the Jake pick?

70% liked it for an underslot. 20% hated it and wanted White/Bukauskas/etc. 10% are indifferent.