My Trade Deadline Plan

GGajewski18

QUOTE (KnightsOnMintSt @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 09:09 AM)
The way I look at it for Q, is there are a couple teams I could realistically see him going to, and each one of those teams has at least one player they would HAVE to give up if they want Q.

Yankees: Frazier OR Torres

Brewers: Brinson

Astros: Tucker

Braves: Albies

Red Sox: Devers

Cubs: Jimenez OR Happ

Rockies: Rodgers

Cardinals: Reyes AND Kelley

Probably nothing gets done if these teams aren't willing to give up those guys. We saw how firm teams stood with their top guys in regards to a Chris Sale trade, so if a Q trade goes down, I'll be very interested to see the pieces.

I agree with all of this except I would switch the Braves piece for Ron Acuna. The only players on this list that I think are understandably completely untouchable are Torres and maybe Devers. Everyone else should be in play.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 10:17 AM)
I agree with all of this except I would switch the Braves piece for Ron Acuna. The only players on this list that I think are understandably completely untouchable are Torres and maybe Devers. Everyone else should be in play.

The Braves are the most interesting team to me. They just have so many pieces and they really could offer up so many great trade packages. They could probably do 5, 6, maybe 7 trades that I would be extremely happy with.

Edited by KnightsOnMintSt

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 09:24 AM)
I find Albies so underrated here and it's entirely due to comps.

I would really like to land a player like Albies, as I also feel he is very underrated. He is the sort of player that really can help a championship caliber roster with his bat, speed and defense.

The Braves could definitely swing a Q trade, but have yet to show the willingness to part with top prospects.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 09:31 AM)
I would really like to land a player like Albies, as I also feel he is very underrated. He is the sort of player that really can help a championship caliber roster with his bat, speed and defense.

The Braves could definitely swing a Q trade, but have yet to show the willingness to part with top prospects.

Exactly

Albies stats as a 20 year old in AAA (only a few months older than Blake Rutherford)

.292/.336/.451 with 7 hrs, 17 doubles and 8 triples.

his walk rate declined and k rate increased (6% walk rate, 19.5% k rate), but I would expect that to improve with time.

He's a plus defender with plus speed. He has 21 SB with only 2 CS in AAA.

Consistently described as plus baseball intelligence (same with Robles).

I'll bet on that player.

Robertson to the Cardinals for Sandy Alcantara, Magneuris Sierra, and Johan Oviedo

Q and Melky to the Yankees for Torres, Rutherford, Domingo Acevedo, and Freicer Perez

Frazier to the Red Sox for Blake Swihart and Trey Ball

Holland to the Astros for Yordan Alvarez

Swarzak to the Cubs for Aramis Ademan

Kahnle to the Brewers for Trent Clark, Kodi Mederios, and Nathan Kirby

Its mostly due to him being a 2B, and the Sox currently having a pretty deep group of prospects at the position. If Albies had the arm to stick at short, he would be very appealing. But with Yolmer coming into his own and Yoan not far behind, it would make sense to seek a controllable player at a position of higher need. There are no OF prospects in the system that are close to the majors, so depth is a concern there, shortstop is a concern, and probably catcher.

Albies looks like a good player, but not sure he really fits here and the Braves are not going to trade him when they have 2B opening up for him at the end of the season when Phillips walks.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 09:31 AM)

Ironically I agree with you guys. I like Albies and think he is underrated. But the Sox would have to show me they're willing to move Moncada off second base for Albies to make sense. If htey trade for Albies today and move Moncada to CF (or 3B I Guess), I'm all for it.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 09:42 AM)
Robertson to the Cardinals for Sandy Alcantara, Magneuris Sierra, and Johan Oviedo

Q and Melky to the Yankees for Torres, Rutherford, Domingo Acevedo, and Freicer Perez

Frazier to the Red Sox for Blake Swihart and Trey Ball

Holland to the Astros for Yordan Alvarez

Swarzak to the Cubs for Aramis Ademan

Kahnle to the Brewers for Trent Clark, Kodi Mederios, and Nathan Kirby

Yordan Alvarez just missed BA's mid-season top 100 list. No way you are getting him for Holland.

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 09:50 AM)
Ironically I agree with you guys. I like Albies and think he is underrated. But the Sox would have to show me they're willing to move Moncada off second base for Albies to make sense. If htey trade for Albies today and move Moncada to CF (or 3B I Guess), I'm all for it.

(or anderson from SS)

I don't think Albies was moved for any reason other than Swanson appeared to lockdown SS so they moved him to 2b to take advantage of his range. His 55 arm should be able to play any infield position.

From callis:

" Able to play an excellent defensive shortstop, he moved over to second fairly seamlessly to play alongside Dansby Swanson. His plus arm isn't as necessary there, but his range should allow him to be a very good defender on the right side of second. "

In light of the Brewers coming to the lead in the Q-sweepstakes.

Quintana, Swarzak to Brewers for Brinson, Hader, Phillips and Kodi Medeiros.

Addresses the two weakest areas in the system - OF and LHP

Robertson, Holland to Nationals for Kieboom, Jesus Luzardo and Daniel Johnson.

I'd love to get Soto here, but I think Rick ends up settling.

Kahnle, Melky to the Yankees for Andujar, Dillon Tate.

Avi, Frazier to the Cards for Perez, Woodford

Pelfrey, Gonzalez for PTBNL or cash.

Listen for offers on Leury, but he likely stays. Could throw him into a Nats deal and upgrade Kieboom to Soto.

Net Out: Quintana, Swarzak, Robertson, Holland, Kahnle, Melky, Avi, Frazier

Net In: Brinson, Hader, Phillips, Medeiros, Kieboom, Luzardo, Johnson, Andujar, Tate, Perez, Woodford.

QUOTE (Quin @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 12:53 AM)
In light of the Brewers coming to the lead in the Q-sweepstakes.

Quintana, Swarzak to Brewers for Brinson, Hader, Phillips and Kodi Medeiros.

Addresses the two weakest areas in the system - OF and LHP

Robertson, Holland to Nationals for Kieboom, Jesus Luzardo and Daniel Johnson.

I'd love to get Soto here, but I think Rick ends up settling.

Kahnle, Melky to the Yankees for Andujar, Dillon Tate.

Avi, Frazier to the Cards for Perez, Woodford

Pelfrey, Gonzalez for PTBNL or cash.

Listen for offers on Leury, but he likely stays. Could throw him into a Nats deal and upgrade Kieboom to Soto.

Net Out: Quintana, Swarzak, Robertson, Holland, Kahnle, Melky, Avi, Frazier

Net In: Brinson, Hader, Phillips, Medeiros, Kieboom, Luzardo, Johnson, Andujar, Tate, Perez, Woodford.

I don't see the Cardinals giving up that much. Swap Perez for Harrison Bader.

Think that's too steep for the Yankees too. I like the rest though.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 01:56 AM)
I don't see the Cardinals giving up that much. Swap Perez for Harrison Bader.

Think that's too steep for the Yankees too. I like the rest though.

Those were the two I was iffy about, but wanted to dream big.

Here is what I would like to see

Robertson to the Nationals for OF Juan Soto(A) & LHP Jesus Luzardo® - They need help even if their going to audition Feede & Romero in the BP.

Frazier + $ to the Red Sox for 1B Josh Ockimey(A+) & LHP Jalen Beeks(AAA) - Red Sox just DFA'd Peralta and need help at 3B/1B this is such an obvious fit

Swarzak to the Rockies for SS Garrett Hampson(A+) & 1B Brian Mundell(AA) - Everyone pushing for the post season could use a set up man thats having a career year and is only making 250k, these are two very nice depth pieces for a strong farm with out shooting for the moon like McMahon.

Cabrera + $ to the Royals for SS Nicky Lopez(AA) - Royals need help in LF and DH and there is familiarity here, Melky if his remaining 7.5 is paid off should net you a solid prospect like Lopez, he fits what the FO is trying to do position player wise.

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 14, 2017 -> 12:56 AM)
Here is what I would like to see

Robertson to the Nationals for OF Juan Soto(A) & LHP Jesus Luzardo® - They need help even if their going to audition Feede & Romero in the BP.

Frazier + $ to the Red Sox for 1B Josh Ockimey(A+) & LHP Jalen Beeks(AAA) - Red Sox just DFA'd Peralta and need help at 3B/1B this is such an obvious fit

Swarzak to the Rockies for SS Garrett Hampson(A+) & 1B Brian Mundell(AA) - Everyone pushing for the post season could use a set up man thats having a career year and is only making 250k, these are two very nice depth pieces for a strong farm with out shooting for the moon like McMahon.

Cabrera + $ to the Royals for SS Nicky Lopez(AA) - Royals need help in LF and DH and there is familiarity here, Melky if his remaining 7.5 is paid off should net you a solid prospect like Lopez, he fits what the FO is trying to do position player wise.

Love it. I hope we get returns like these. Given Frazier's June, I now think that he could haul in Ockimey/Beeks.

My dream scenarios:

Robertson and Swarzak to Nationals for Kieboom and Soto

Abreu to Yankees for Andujar and Florial

Frazier and Kahnle to Red Sox for Chavis and Groome

Avi to Cardinals for Kelly and Flaherty

Depth

OF: Jimenez, Robert, Soto, Florial, Basabe, Adolfo, Call, Fisher, May,

CA: Kelly, Collins

3B: Andujar, Chavis, Burger, Kieboom

2B: Moncada, Kieboom

SP: Kopech, Giolito, Lopez, Groome, Cease, Flaherty, Fulmer, Dunning, Hansen, Adams, Stephens

QUOTE (striker @ Jul 14, 2017 -> 09:11 AM)
My dream scenarios:

Robertson and Swarzak to Nationals for Kieboom and Soto

Abreu to Yankees for Andujar and Florial

Frazier and Kahnle to Red Sox for Chavis and Groome

Avi to Cardinals for Kelly and Flaherty

Depth

OF: Jimenez, Robert, Soto, Florial, Basabe, Adolfo, Call, Fisher, May,

CA: Kelly, Collins

3B: Andujar, Chavis, Burger, Kieboom

2B: Moncada, Kieboom

SP: Kopech, Giolito, Lopez, Groome, Cease, Flaherty, Fulmer, Dunning, Hansen, Adams, Stephens

:wub:

My updated plan after the Quintana trade*

David Robertson to the Diamondbacks for LHP Anthony Banda, 3B Dawel Lugo, and OF Marcus Wilson

Anthony Swarzak to the Brewers for RHP Trey Supak

Todd Frazier to the Red Sox for OF Lorenzo Cedrola and RHP Bryan Mata

Avi Garcia to the Cardinals for C Carson Kelly and RHP Dakota Hudson

Tommy Kahnle to the Yankees for SS Jorge Mateo and RHP Zack Littell

Thoughts? Realistic trade packages?

I know it's believing a lot in a small sample but I'd really like that Kahnle trade.

I would like to avoid dealing with AZ but I guess getting their one FV 50 guy is not bad. Never heard of either.

Don't know much about the rest so I assume they are realistic. For Cardinals / Avi deal, that would be great. I just would love to know what discussions around Avi have actually been. I really like Magneurius Sierra as well from them.

Post Q Deal Deadline Plans:

Robertson, Swarzak, and Kahnle to WSH for Robles and Luzardo (Not going to happen but this would revamp WSH's pen completely while netting us another blue chip prospect)

So maybe D-Rob and Swarzak to WSH for OF Soto, LHP Luzardo, and a flier (WSH majorly upgrades pen, Sox acquire top prospects and dump salary)

Frazier to STL for RHPs Marco Gonzalez and Connor Jones (Dealt with STL last deadline, STL gets a veteran upcoming FA 3B and Sox get a decent return)

Melky to NYY for INF Thairo Estrada (NYY gains a valuable veteran bat, Sox gain a versatile nearing MLB ready prospect)

Kahnle dealt this offseason for a small, respectable prospect package

In all honesty, I have a feeling D-Rob goes to WSH and we wind up with Robles somehow, Hahn won't budge, Rizzo gets desperate