Robertson deal close?

Heads22

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 08:00 PM)
I mentioned Solak before even during Quintana rumors. A personal favorite prospect of mine.

Yeah Solak fits this organization's recent strategy like a glove and I like what he brings to the table.

I find myself preferring Andujar or Mateo over Florial because they're closer to the show and don't have the pronounced strike out problem. Sheffield to me is a interesting arm and fits the sweet spot of another very interesting lefty that is close as well. I like Mateo because if he needs to be moved off SS he still profiles so well at 2B/CF and maybe the yankee brass doesn't appreciate his attitude and wants to "sell high" on his recent promotion. It would be another opportunity to just reaffirm that development isn't linear and doesn't always make sense, well below average at A+ goes to AA lights the world on fire etc.

QUOTE (daggins @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 08:02 PM)
Ehhh I think Florial or Mateo is probably the best we can do from the Yankees. Maybe a Frazier + Robertson package to the Red Sox would get Chavis + a lower prospect.

The Doolittle/Madson trade is a real headscratcher and it makes me question whether there's much of a bullpen market right now.

If that is the market for bullpen guys, I'd still probably consider trading Robertson (his money could sign a comparable value trade chip next year and the extra 1 year on the contract has to be worth something), but he'd be the only pen guy I'd even think of moving.

I'd be surprised if that's the market based on what we've seen spent on bullpen pitchers the last few years...but who knows.

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 09:09 PM)
Yeah Solak fits this organization's recent strategy like a glove and I like what he brings to the table.

I find myself preferring Andujar or Mateo over Florial because they're closer to the show and don't have the pronounced strike out problem. Sheffield to me is a interesting arm and fits the sweet spot of another very interesting lefty that is close as well. I like Mateo because if he needs to be moved off SS he still profiles so well at 2B/CF and maybe the yankee brass doesn't appreciate his attitude and wants to "sell high" on his recent promotion. It would be another opportunity to just reaffirm that development isn't linear and doesn't always make sense, well below average at A+ goes to AA lights the world on fire etc.

I too would be extremely interested in acquiring Mateo to transition him into CF. Billy Hamilton with 15 HR potential? Yeah sign me up.

Assuming Mateo could use his speed and transfer well to CF of course.

Edited by TheFutureIsNear

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 09:00 PM)
I too would be extremely interested in acquiring Mateo to transition him into CF. Billy Hamilton with 15 HR potential? Yeah sign me up.

Assuming Mateo could use his speed and transfer well to CF of course.

I agree I would love Mateo, I know he has fallen off but a year ago he was a can't miss prospect and still young. If you can add Mateo in a system that already has Moncada, Robert, Jimenez, and Collins I'd be over the moon. Personally I think the Yankees would consider a D-Rob for Mateo trade.

QUOTE (Quin @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 01:35 AM)
If they package Robertson, Frazier and cash to the Yankees or Red Sox, these would be my asks back:

Red Sox: Groome and Dalbec/Chavis

Yankees: Sheffield and Andujar

Hate to say it but no way we get that much for the two. There was speculation yesterday that Sheffield is untouchable

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 08:30 PM)
If that is the market for bullpen guys, I'd still probably consider trading Robertson (his money could sign a comparable value trade chip next year and the extra 1 year on the contract has to be worth something), but he'd be the only pen guy I'd even think of moving.

I'd be surprised if that's the market based on what we've seen spent on bullpen pitchers the last few years...but who knows.

You HAVE to move Swarzak. No questions asked. You aren't resigning him and you aren't extending a QO. Send him for the best offer you get, even if it's organizational filler, which it won't be.

QUOTE (Quin @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 08:35 PM)
If they package Robertson, Frazier and cash to the Yankees or Red Sox, these would be my asks back:

Red Sox: Groome and Dalbec/Chavis

Yankees: Sheffield and Andujar

As others have said, you're going to have to temper your expectations in what we actually get

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 07:03 AM)
As others have said, you're going to have to temper your expectations in what we actually get

Man if we can honestly just got one of Andujar/Fowler/Mateo it'd be a coup. I'm skeptical we get more than that unless it's a Kahnle package.

But seriously guys that'd be a good return. Each one of those guys has a pretty good chance at being an above average regular.

Andujar would be my pick based on how he looked during that call-up and our lack of 3B options. He's probably blocked unless Torres ends up in the middle infield.

Edited by Username

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 08:14 AM)
I could see Robertson + cash for Andujar/Mateo + Abreu. That would clear two spots off their 40 man roster crunch and give them a high caliber setup man who has proven himself in the NY spotlight.

I think the cash component is huge for them. Having Robertson for 2 years at cheap is a pretty substantial asset, especially given their desire to stay under the luxury tax. Hope we eat a lot to get a better prospect back.

This type of deal fits way better for them than Q (though they need him more). They've got the excess 40 man guys and lots of 2nd tier specs that are blocked.

I feel like Tyler Wade could be a good get as well. Highly versatile, only 22 and all he's done is hit.

Edited by Username

QUOTE (Username @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 08:20 AM)
I think the cash component is huge for them. Having Robertson for 2 years at cheap is a pretty substantial asset, especially given their desire to stay under the luxury tax. Hope we eat a lot to get a better prospect back.

This type of deal fits way better for them than Q (though they need him more). They've got the excess 40 man guys and lots of 2nd tier specs that are blocked.

I feel like Tyler Wade could be a good get as well. Highly versatile, only 22 and all he's done is hit.

Yeah I'd be happy to get Wade.

QUOTE (Username @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 08:20 AM)

Unfortunately, I think Wade's versatility is more valuable to a contending team than a rebuilding team and I just don't see them giving him up.

Andujar, on the other hand, is almost major league ready and they don't have an obvious spot for him. If Torres is the guy destined for 3B, then they'd be smart to convert Andujar into an asset that can either help the team now or one that doesn't require a 40 man spot. As for Mateo, his prospect status has taken a big hit and without an obvious landing spot and 40 man spots a precious commodity, they're probably better off moving him now as well.

And Albert Abreu is a very interesting pitching prospect, but one that is multiple years away and will be clogging up a 40 man roster for years to come. I think he's a guy they pretty much have to move and a prospect that would fit nicely in our system.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 07:50 AM)
Just like Quintana...

Exactly. Many people have confused our rebuild with a "fire sale." This is not a fire sale as much as an asset reallocation project. We are simply transferring present value to the highest probability of future value.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 08:49 AM)
Unfortunately, I think Wade's versatility is more valuable to a contending team than a rebuilding team and I just don't see them giving him up.

Yeah this is a good point on Wade.

QUOTE (FT35 @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 08:55 AM)
Exactly. Many people have confused our rebuild with a "fire sale." This is not a fire sale as much as an asset reallocation project. We are simply transferring present value to the highest probability of future value.

Are you in marketing? Damn thats a nice way of putting a fire sale. LOL

I think the point in it not being a firesale is that we're not desperate to be rid of players on the MLB club, we're just motivated to move them for the right return. That means we should be very willing to walk away from deals that don't meet our demands, assuming our demands are reasonable. If it were a firesale, like if we were obsessed with moving up a draft spot or two or if we couldn't afford to keep paying the players, then we'd have to make a deal right away even if our price has to go down.

QUOTE (FT35 @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 02:55 PM)

I can't believe I just read this. I never heard anybody speak corporatese in real life, outside of a meeting of suits. An asset relocation project? I'm speechless, but you should be working for the White Sox and making big bucks.