7/19 Game Thread: Dodgers @ Sox

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm at the game and you honestly would have thought Babe Ruth himself was hitting when Moncada was up. Crowd was Ooooing and Ahhhing with every pitch and there were vendors that stopped selling and sat down to see the at bat.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 07:56 PM)
Send his ass down to AAA. Anderson that is.

I know the Sox will imply that they suck so he should stay up, and people here will blame it on his friend's death, but man he is just so awful. He can't field, hit or hunt. He is borderline useless

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 07:55 PM)
Renteria is obsessed with bunting, this better not be an issue when the White Sox are good enough for it to count

If he's doing things like this now I don't see why it would be any different when the Sox are actual contenders. Maybe the Cubs fill fire Maddon when the Sox are good in 2019/2020.

Let's not excuse Anderson's lack of execution and hustle. 2 strike bunt obviously isn't the smartest move, but not being able to bunt the pitch before from Anderson was bad. The lack of hustle out of the box is just inexcusable. He would have stayed in the dugout if I were the manager

QUOTE (Sockin @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 07:57 PM)
I'm at the game and you honestly would have thought Babe Ruth himself was hitting when Moncada was up. Crowd was Ooooing and Ahhhing with every pitch and there were vendors that stopped selling and sat down to see the at bat.

lol I want to save this post for a year from now

I want to give Tim Anderson the benefit of the doubt, since he was a touted prospect, at a SS position, could play a big role for us in the future, and has decent stats this year (I think?).

But man, he has shown some major degression it seems.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 06:03 PM)
I want to give Tim Anderson the benefit of the doubt, since he was a touted prospect, at a SS position, could play a big role for us in the future, and has decent stats this year (I think?).

But man, he has shown some major degression it seems.

Degression indeed.