8/10

It's refreshing to see Adolfo healthy and turning it on this season. Hope he keeps it up!

Awesome to see progress with Seby as well

Gio is just about ready to come up it appears in the next week or two. I'm glad we're not dependent upon him being our ace. I think he'll be solid. This rotation is going to be nasty in a few years...Rodon, Lopez, Kopech, Giolito, Hansen....then the pen could be pretty damn good as well.

Eloy is quickly becoming one of my favorite prospects. Holy s*** he is impressive and dominant.

Good to see Casey swinging the bat in AAA. I'd think he'd be up in September for some ABs. I was stoked we got him as a return for Jennings.

Overall, I've been following every night down on the farm and it's exciting. I'll definitely cherish this time because this is a first for me with all of these young stud prospects. I didn't get to see Kanny this season here in Charleston. Hope I get to next season.

Edited by SouthSideSale

Nice start for Tanner Banks in Birmingham 6IP 4H 1R 6Ks 1BB

Trey M with a night for himself. 3-3 2 doubles and an RBI

Eloy is just fantastic. He WILL be the number 1 prospect with Kopech not far behind. I really feel like Eloy will be the best of all the Sox prospects (Hahn did really well with this first part of the rebuild).

Edited by SouthSideSale

Outside of the top prospects, it's good to see Bernardo Flores settling down after a rough start at High A. With a strong finish to the year, maybe he joins Hansen and Dunning to start the year at AA next season?

Trey M is quietly creeping back up to .240. Still young enough to be relevant.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 10, 2017 -> 10:39 PM)
Ramon Beltre with a HR. He may be the best prospect in the system no one has ever heard of.

I've cited Beltre in the past. Have no idea why he stayed in DSL that long. If he had any kind of power as a 3B prospect, he'd be up there. Sox have had him play some 2B too recently. Hopefully the frame fills out a bit more.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 10, 2017 -> 10:44 PM)
I've cited Beltre in the past. Have no idea why he stayed in DSL that long. If he had any kind of power as a 3B prospect, he'd be up there. Sox have had him play some 2B too recently. Hopefully the frame fills out a bit more.

I was wondering the same thing, he put up pretty good numbers in the DSL in 2016.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 10, 2017 -> 10:44 PM)

I've also followed ex-DSL guys like Beltre, Feliz, and Perez for a few years now. All good bats but not haven't developed any power yet. With Beltre, if he has a good glove, he could be a Carlos Sanchez type player.

QUOTE (Sox Fan In Husker Land @ Aug 10, 2017 -> 08:28 PM)
Zack Collins August so far (I know small sample size, but still encouraging with the K #s)

7 Games

32 PAs

24 ABs

4 Ks (12.5%)

8 BBs (25.0%)

7 H

3 2Bs

1 HR

4 RBI

9 R

.292 Avg

.469 On Base

.542 Slug

1.010 OPS

3/6 CS (50%)

2 PO

1 E

1 PB

Quality post^

I really hope that Collins can finish off these last few weeks strong.

Zavala has really performed well this year and deserves to be in our top 30 prospects for sure. I certainly view him as being a better prospect than Skoug. There can't be many catchers in the minors putting up the numbers he has this season (19 home runs, .878 OPS). If his defense is passable he could be a backup option at a minimum for us moving forward?