NLDS: Cubs vs. Nationals

LittleHurt05

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 10:50 PM)
Can anyone tell me why Happ came in on defense for Heyward? Happ didn't bat for Heyward prior to that change, right?

As much as I was hoping Taylor hit a grand slam, just as satisfying would have been a 3-run triple because Happ screwed up a flyball that Heyward would have caught.

The basket caught that HR so it wouldn't have mattered who was in RF.

As for why Happ was in for Heyward, I have no clue.

Can anyone tell me why Happ came in on defense for Heyward? Happ didn't bat for Heyward prior to that change, right?

As much as I was hoping Taylor hit a grand slam, just as satisfying would have been a 3-run triple because Happ screwed up a flyball that Heyward would have caught.

Double switch when Davis went in to pitch, Happ went into RF. If Davis got out of it Happ hits in 8th and Davis can pitch the 9th.

Edited by Harry Chappas

Haha, I was on the phone with my friend at the time and we were hoping for the same exact thing so that it would have made Maddon look like an idiot.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Oct 12, 2017 -> 11:43 AM)
I'm not sure you really read what I said there. I said I was actually hoping the ball didn't make it out, and resulted in a 3-run triple as a result of Happ screwing up the play.

It made sense as Heyward made last out (the guy who normally gets subbed out in a double switch). Otherwise you would have taken out Russell if you went with the guy before Heyward and they don't seem to like Happ or Zobrist in the middle as Baez and Russell. And the way the team is hitting, I think I'd take Happ's bat over Heywards' defense. I guess maybe they could have went with Zobrist 2 spots ahead?

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Oct 12, 2017 -> 11:59 AM)
It made sense as Heyward made last out (the guy who normally gets subbed out in a double switch). Otherwise you would have taken out Russell if you went with the guy before Heyward and they don't seem to like Happ or Zobrist in the middle as Baez and Russell. And the way the team is hitting, I think I'd take Happ's bat over Heywards' defense. I guess maybe they could have went with Zobrist 2 spots ahead?

No, no, my last comment was asking whether or not he read the 2nd part of my comment correctly. I understand taking Heyward out now, I didn't realize it was a double switch. I'm just pointing out how satisfying it would have been if Happ screwed up that flyball and a bunch of runs scored because Heyward was subbed out.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Oct 12, 2017 -> 12:12 PM)
No, no, my last comment was asking whether or not he read the 2nd part of my comment correctly. I understand taking Heyward out now, I didn't realize it was a double switch. I'm just pointing out how satisfying it would have been if Happ screwed up that flyball and a bunch of runs scored because Heyward was subbed out.

That woulda been good too.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Oct 12, 2017 -> 11:43 AM)
I'm not sure you really read what I said there. I said I was actually hoping the ball didn't make it out, and resulted in a 3-run triple as a result of Happ screwing up the play.

Gotcha, my bad chilli.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Oct 12, 2017 -> 12:28 PM)
So have the Nats still not announced a starter yet? Should we assume it will be Gio, and then Roark if he sucks, or Scherzer to bridge it to the bullpen?

Gio just announced per my At Bat app