WS: Dodgers v Astros

Panerista

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schoenfield had this as the second best WS in the modern era (I guess since he started following the sport), trailing only the 1991 Twins/Braves. Last year's Cubs/Indians was second, largely because of Game 7, the comeback and historic nature of the Cubs or Indians finally winning I guess.

Absolutely crazy though, Kershaw blowing 4-0 and 7-4 leads...the Dodgers getting off the deck when down 11-8 and 12-9, even the seemingly unhittable Jansen has been touched up for two homers in 4 IP this series. Would Hinch dare to go with Giles yet again...if they go into extras?

Then Justin Verlander looming in Game 6 with his first chance to potentially clinch a World Series title on the road at Chavez Ravine.

Not sure Vin Scully would have survived broadcasting this one.

Edited by caulfield12

Now you have increased controversy with letting Gurriel play throughout the series without missing a game after taunting Darvish....if he scores the winning run here.

OR NOT.

1:17 p.m. in the afternoon, China time.

10:17 p.m. in LA, game started at 5:00. 12:17 in Chicago...unfortunately, yet again the classic ending to a World Series game not being witnessed by thousands of kids out there.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Oct 29, 2017 -> 11:49 PM)
Epic ass game. Dodgers have ended up two up for grab games that the Astros won. So many home runs, it's insane.

What about the last game the the Astros gave up 5 runs in the last inning after Morton was dominant?

At any rate, you'd have to argue that Houston has taken 2 of the 3 toss-ups in the series. Not very many times the Dodgers blow a 3-1 lead late (Game 2) with Jansen in the pen...I think the Dodgers only had 3-4 games that they blew all season with the lead after the 8th inning, something like that.

Their pen has been downright terrible.

Meanwhile, the Stros have about 10 starters....so they can throw McHugh, Peacock and Musgrove out there for extended appearances.

Never thought it would come down to those guys versus the likes of Stripling, McCarthy and Cingrani.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 29, 2017 -> 11:13 PM)
...I think the Dodgers only had 3-4 games that they blew all season with the lead after the 8th inning, something like that...

The Dodgers didn't lose a game when leading by 4 ALL YEAR... before tonight.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 30, 2017 -> 01:58 AM)
Holy s***! Woke up at 2 am, my Twitter timeline was mayhem, another classic. But the ball is not juiced.

Yeah man, this game was just f***ing nuts to watch. I'm pulling for the Dodgers but I'm glad I'm not emotionally attached or I would be bats*** crazy after that loss.

I think it's time to start PED testing the baseballs. :P

If you get a chance , check out Correa's HR. I kinda wonder if that ball had more height than distance. Not trying to take anything away from Correa but damn.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Oct 30, 2017 -> 03:08 AM)
Yeah man, this game was just f***ing nuts to watch. I'm pulling for the Dodgers but I'm glad I'm not emotionally attached or I would be bats*** crazy after that loss.

I think it's time to start PED testing the baseballs. :P

If you get a chance , check out Correa's HR. I kinda wonder if that ball had more height than distance. Not trying to take anything away from Correa but damn.

StatCast said it was the highest home run hit the entire season. Between that hit and the Puig check swing homer, something is going on. Minute Maid Park was the top pitchers park all year too.