White Sox vs Cardinals 5/2/18 12:15PM

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Great to see Giolito finding his slider, which he used so effectively vs righties last year 

Yea he's rounding into form with his command and breaking stuff.  I think we should probably give up on the idea that he's a 94-95 mph guy.  He's a 90-92 mph guy with (in theory) really good off speed stuff with a tough plane for hitters to get a look at with his height.  That hopefully will make him an effective 3-4 starter for the Sox.

13 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

That's penny smart and pound foolish thinking.  Nobody is saying "don't try".  What we are saying is there's no reason to treat this like game 7 of the world series.  It's May, he's 22 and has battled some minor lower body injuries.  The club is not competing this year.   Don't push him too hard.

Nobody is pushing him too hard, this is way over reactionary.  I trust Herms assessment far more than this thread acting like we need to pull him

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

Nobody is pushing him too hard, this is way over reactionary.  I trust Herms assessment far more than this thread acting like we need to pull him

Someone was b****ing that he should have been more aggressive trying to steal.  I'm with you.  There's no need to pull him and there's no need to be going balls to the wall with a sore ankle.

Stealing a base is not balls to the walls....

Abreu should be at 1b with that theory, don't try pushing him to get a double because he might pull something. Its ridiculous to play the game like that.