5/11 - White Sox vs Cubs

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Eh, it is still in the second year of the rebuild.  The Sox are basically conducting open auditions for the bullpen at this point.  They really don't care about having a bullpen that can win games, but seeing if any of these guys have either value or use in the future.

I thought Hector Rondon and Oh were great options who ended up signing for cheap. Better chance of someone like Rondon performing well as closer and having trade value than Soria.

Just now, fathom said:

I thought Hector Rondon and Oh were great options who ended up signing for cheap. Better chance of someone like Rondon performing well as closer and having trade value than Soria.

Ugh.  Soria wasn't the target of that trade.  Avilan was.  They essentially got Avilan given to them because they were willing to take on Soria's salary, and make the rest of the deal work for LA and KC.

another idiotic sending a runner home to kill an inning....

only to get compounded by Kyle fucking Schwarber being the one throwing you out....geezus.

Edited by Wanne

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Eh, it is still in the second year of the rebuild.  The Sox are basically conducting open auditions for the bullpen at this point.  They really don't care about having a bullpen that can win games, but seeing if any of these guys have either value or use in the future.

?  I’m not sure what we disagree on.

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Everyone here wanted Rondon, but he signed with the World Series champs.  I doubt he was interested in joining a rebuilding club and pitching half his games at the Rate.  Don’t have much to say about Oh to be honest.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Everyone here wanted Rondon, but he signed with the World Series champs.  I doubt he was interested in joining a rebuilding club and pitching half his games at the Rate.  Don’t have much to say about Oh to be honest.

If you offer him closer job, he likely takes it