The 2018 MLB Draft Thread (Tracker in OP)

NorthSideSox72

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Its  tough to trade that up the middle power. Plus Madrigal is considered a pick that is near MLB ready. No more than 2 years.

Eh, I'm just not at all worried.  You can never have too many good players.   I don't really care too much about power at 3B if the 3B is playing +15 runs defensively and is getting on base at a 380 clip.  And it's not like he won't have his share of doubles and triples.  Ideally he slashes something like 300/380/470 in his prime -- rich man's Dee Gordon.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Eh, I'm just not at all worried.  You can never have too many good players.   I don't really care too much about power at 3B if the 3B is playing +15 runs defensively and is getting on base at a 380 clip.  And it's not like he won't have his share of doubles and triples.  Ideally he slashes something like 300/380/470 in his prime -- rich man's Dee Gordon.

Agreed, I would love to see the Sox be able to use all 3. Just curious as to how it may work as I havent seen 3B reports on Madrigal. I dont know if he can slug 470 though.

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The Astros have so many guys who are DH/1B types already....Gattis, McCann, JD Davis, Tyler White, Gurriel...but why not go for it?

Much better risk than the Cubs took with Schwarber at #4, although that's still worked out okay for them.

And how many of those guys will be around when/if Beer is ready? Probably 0.

Edit: maybe 2

Edited by soxfan2014

I get why they want it to be a spectical but man do I miss the conference call, the entire draft would be over by the end of the work day. I just wish the coverage was better because it's currently shit. There's nothing interesting about any of this except for the actual selections. 

• Like 2

Eric A Longenhagen
10:03
Well all that talk of him going 4 was probably because they're on him in the 2nd...

Whoops this formatting is terrible. ^schnell to White Sox  in 2 rumor

1 minute ago, Kalapse said:

I get why they want it to be a spectical but man do I miss the conference call, the entire draft would be over by the end of the work day. I just wish the coverage was better because it's currently shit. There's nothing interesting about any of this except for the actual selections. 

Yeah, if it’s going to be this long, just do the 30 picks tonight, and the rest tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, bmags said:
Eric A Longenhagen
Well all that talk of him going 4 was probably because they're on him in the 2nd...

I wonder if we're floating him or just hoping he is still there. How quickly do we usually find out signing bonuses for top guys?

1 minute ago, bmags said:
Eric A Longenhagen

I can definitely see that.

2 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

All day I kept thinking I wish the draft was going on during work like the old days.

• Like 1