White Sox @ Reds, 7/3/18, 6:10 pm CDT

Balta1701

31 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Occasionally I go off the rails and let my negativity come out. It shows inconsistency, yeah, but I have more optimism than pessimism. I'm just trying to change my approach to life in general. If you ever read the Filibuster you'd know that I have Autism and I struggle with black and white thinking. It's either all good or hopeless. It sucks. 

Just giving you some shit man, didn't know about your diagnosis.  I'll be a little more sympathetic in the future.  I certainly get the rollercoaster ups and downs of fandom.

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Yoan Moncada flat out sucks right now.  I would not be opposed to sending him down to AAA.  If he continues this way until the ASB he's going to be into negative WAR.

Umps are mindfucking him. Not completely his fault. He can't control umps calling pitches 4-6 in off the plate, that he should be taking anyway, as strikes. 

2 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Wow.  Is Moncada sleeping with some umps’ wife?  Never gets any calls.

I'm ok with Moncada going after the Umps (verbally) and giving them a piece of his mind at this point. This is beyond ridiculous. Get tossed and go nuts Yoan. Stand up for yourself, because Ricky won't. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

56 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If you realize that he's working through another mechanical change since spring training, then yeah, they are. He's going to get lit up this year. Once I saw him walking guys like this, flying all over the place, etc.  As long as he's making progress I really don't care about results, and the Sox probably don't either. That's all that matters. If you're looking at results, you're looking at the wrong thing with him. My complaint isn't that everyone think that Giolito sucks it is just that Lopez is right there with him in terms of poor metrics. and you get people talking about him like he's a future ace of the staff. Lopez has the worst metrics as a whole out any qualifed starter in MLB, and people talk about him like he's a demigod.  I'm just asking for consistency. If you're shitting on Giolito, you gotta shit on Lopez too. 

No offense dude, but you are fucking delusional.  You are the only person in the world who thinks the two guys are remotely comparable.  Even Lucas would say he sucks relative to Lopez.  That isn’t to say that Reynaldo has been lights out, but rather Giolito has been the worst pitcher I can remember in recent history.  If I didn’t know better, I’d assume you are somehow related given how bias you are with him.

57 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Avi's younger, and, frankly, makes more sense to extend a few years, imo.  and I think the Sox would still get more for Abreu.

And Avi's less likely to regress waiting a year to trade him; and in a year, his replacement may be ready.

Extending Avi would be the definition of insanity.  We’ve seen him have hot stretches before and then quickly revert back to zero plate discipline Avi.  When you have a half dozen top 100 caliber OF prospects, you don’t resign a guy with obvious flaws to a multi year extension.

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

No offense dude, but you are fucking delusional.  You are the only person in the world who thinks the two guys are remotely comparable.  Even Lucas would say he sucks relative to Lopez.  That isn’t to say that Reynaldo has been lights out, but rather Giolito has been the worst pitcher I can remember in recent history.  If I didn’t know better, I’d assume you are somehow related given how bias you are with him.

No, I think they have a lot of the same issues. Giolito has had much worse results in actual run prevention. Watch Lopez's starts. Lopez walks guys, Lopez actually gives up more hits. Lopez gives up more hard contact. Giolito walks more guys, and because he has a harder time finding the strike zone in general, gives up more runs. I see more potential in Giolito than I do in Lopez. Neither may be more than a 4-5 but I think that is Lopez's ceiling, where I think that Giolito's ceiling is a 2-3. I realize that Giolito is a project, and because of that, I'm willing to cut him slack on his performance. That is not indefinite. I want to see some consistency by the end of the month, and into 2019. I'm not shocked that he got shelled today, nor would I be shocked if he gets shelled Sunday vs. Houston.  Neither are aces, but it offends my baseball intelligence to see people think that Lopez is anything more than a back end starter. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

12 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Extending Avi would be the definition of insanity.  We’ve seen him have hot stretches before and then quickly revert back to zero plate discipline Avi.  When you have a half dozen top 100 caliber OF prospects, you don’t resign a guy with obvious flaws to a multi year extension.

Obvious flaws? He always had talent and just needed time to develop. Last year he bloomed with a .330 BA. He has speed and a plus throwing arm and is a decent fielder 

8 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

No, I think they have a lot of the same issues. Giolito has had much worse results in actual run prevention. Watch Lopez's starts. Lopez walks guys, Lopez actually gives up more hits. Lopez gives up more hard contact. Giolito walks more guys, and because he has a harder time finding the strike zone in general, gives up more runs. I see more potential in Giolito than I do in Lopez. Neither may be more than a 4-5 but I think that is Lopez's ceiling, where I think that Giolito's ceiling is a 2-3. I realize that Giolito is a project, and because of that, I'm willing to cut him slack on his performance. That is not indefinite. I want to see some consistency by the end of the month, and into 2019. I'm not shocked that he got shelled today, nor would I be shocked if he gets shelled Sunday vs. Houston.  Neither are aces, but it offends my baseball intelligence to see people think that Lopez is anything more than a back end starter. 

I think you are correct. Gio is taking his lumps just like Covey did last year. I think some folks think a young player is a failure because he doesn’t hit .500 or win 25 games in his first year or two 

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

No, I think they have a lot of the same issues. Giolito has had much worse results in actual run prevention. Watch Lopez's starts. Lopez walks guys, Lopez actually gives up more hits. Lopez gives up more hard contact. Giolito walks more guys, and because he has a harder time finding the strike zone in general, gives up more runs. I see more potential in Giolito than I do in Lopez. Neither may be more than a 4-5 but I think that is Lopez's ceiling, where I think that Giolito's ceiling is a 2-3. I realize that Giolito is a project, and because of that, I'm willing to cut him slack on his performance. That is not indefinite. I want to see some consistency by the end of the month, and into 2019. 

I honestly think we’re watching two different teams.  Giolito has looked beyond awful the entire season.  I can’t recall a White Sox pitcher that has looked this bad in my entire life.  Maybe Todd Ritchie back in the day.  Lopez has not been great by any means but he’s been worlds better than Giolito.  Regardless, when his stuff is clicking, he is fucking dominant.  Lucas hasn’t had a single moment like that all year.  We’re dreaming off his former prospect status and the mirage that his spring training start against the Cubs was.  Furthermore, Lopez actually has some serious balls when on the mound, whereas Lucas is a complete mental midget.  There is reason to believe Lopez will continue to develop and grow into a quality starter.  As much I want to see a guy like Giolito live up to his previous prospect hype, there is zero tangible evidence right now to suggest that is likely.  Even with the velocity increase (which excites me) he’s got a long fucking way to go.

5 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Obvious flaws? He always had talent and just needed time to develop. Last year he bloomed with a .330 BA. He has speed and a plus throwing arm and is a decent fielder 

Yeah, obvious flaws.  Like not taking a walk in 127 plate appearances.  But hey, if you want to get overly excited about last year’s .392 BABIP more power to you brother.

3 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

I think you are correct. Gio is taking his lumps just like Covey did last year. I think some folks think a young player is a failure because he doesn’t hit .500 or win 25 games in his first year or two 

So you think Lopez has been just as bad as Giolito this year?   Because that’s the debate.

I'll chime in with a "hope we stick with Avi" post... unless, of course, the haul was unexpectedly fantastic. Avi is still young enough to in his prime during our competitive window and seems to only be getting better the last two years.

I wouldn't be upset if we dealt him, though. I get it. 

Soria setting himself up to be a real nice chip, BTW.