White Sox @ Reds, 7/3/18, 6:10 pm CDT

Balta1701

4 minutes ago, greg775 said:

That was a nice bunt. Sometimes (I guess) certain lighthitting hitters that know how to bunt (might) best be served bunting. Though I despise the bunt, even late in games.

I on the other hand love the bunt if someone is very good at it.  

• Like 1

Just now, kitekrazy said:

I on the other hand love the bunt if someone is very good at it.  

That was a perfect guy to bunt obviously. I guess RR stuffs it in his critics faces there.

Yoan always looks half-surprised when he smashes one to the right field corner. I don't know if it's something about his balance as he finishes his swing but his reaction is weird.

1 minute ago, EvilJester99 said:

Moncada has a couple more of these nights and all the whiners about him will have to go hide away again 

Seriously how could any baseball fan not realize he's a great hitter in the making? The eye test is enough on Moncada for gosh sakes. His critics are being baseball stupid IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These announcers have had a fantastic inning. Anybody who needs to defend Stone/Benetti just tell somebody to watch this half inning. Stone is a great color man; Jason very good play by play.

• Like 1

Just now, greg775 said:

These announcers have had a fantastic inning. Anybody who needs to defend Stone/Benetti just tell somebody to watch this half inning. Stone is a great color man; Jason very good play by play.

I've always wondered how Jason would be with a team that didn't suck. I do think he's improved since the beginning of the year.

1 minute ago, Jake said:

Yoan always looks half-surprised when he smashes one to the right field corner. I don't know if it's something about his balance as he finishes his swing but his reaction is weird.

I noticed the same thing. I wasn’t sure if it was because of his helmet, the way he finishes his swing or he just thinks he yanks it foul.  

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I honestly think we’re watching two different teams.  Giolito has looked beyond awful the entire season.  I can’t recall a White Sox pitcher that has looked this bad in my entire life.  Maybe Todd Ritchie back in the day.  Lopez has not been great by any means but he’s been worlds better than Giolito.  Regardless, when his stuff is clicking, he is fucking dominant.  Lucas hasn’t had a single moment like that all year.  We’re dreaming off his former prospect status and the mirage that his spring training start against the Cubs was.  Furthermore, Lopez actually has some serious balls when on the mound, whereas Lucas is a complete mental midget.  There is reason to believe Lopez will continue to develop and grow into a quality starter.  As much I want to see a guy like Giolito live up to his previous prospect hype, there is zero tangible evidence right now to suggest that is likely.  Even with the velocity increase (which excites me) he’s got a long fucking way to go.

The game vs. Oakland a couple weeks a go was a dominant performance. It isn't his fault Ricky sent him out there when it was obvious he was done to start the 8th

This would have been his line if Renteria didn't send him out there in the 8th to get himself in trouble: 

7 IP 5 H 2BB 8K. Better than anything that Lopez has thrown out there since May. 

Lopez has actually been better than I thought, but his success is predicated on his overpowering velocity. His offspeed stuff sucks. Giolito has wicked offspeed stuff. If he can learn to harness it, along with the fact he's found the mid-90s fastball again, the sky is the limit. It's all about secondary stuff. He has 2 60 grade breaking balls and a 50 change. That is better than most have. I don't know if he'll ever learn to harness his offspeed stuff, but if he does, watch out. I'm willing to give Giolito every opportunity to figure it out, within reason. I do realize that at some point you have to pull the plug. We're nowhere near that point. He has nothing to gain by going to AAA. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

You can do whatever you want, but I’m not going to ignore the fact Avi’s BABIP last year would have been a good 40 points higher than the highest career averages in the past few decades.  But hey, to each their own.

Yea I understand you want to be right, I want to be right and you have BABIP on your side to spin a great season into a lucky season.It's cool if you want to always look for the negative. If your happy waiting for some double and A= players to make there mark it is what it is.