Jacob May released

southsider2k5

On 7/29/2018 at 8:30 AM, Chicago White Sox said:

This seems like a pretty extreme post for a AAA outfielder that was generally a good kid & teammate.

Refer to his other posts and you would see a running theme of negative connotations. It is what is I guess. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/29/2018 at 2:13 AM, tlongo81@gmail.com said:

See ya later Jacob. I hear the CJ Wilson Mazda dealership is hiring if you are looking for work. 

You seem fun.

Even if a player doesn't do well, I will never, ever understand people reacting this way to seeing a career crumble. Why say shit like this? Does it make you feel all big and tough or something? He's a human being, he didn't pan out as a ballplayer, I'm sure he's not happy about it either. This just makes you seem like a miserable human being.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Grow up, man. These kids make squat  for money too. I think it's actually fair to say that they make less than squat and live a pretty hard life in the minors. He's living out a dream and I admire him for chasing his dream. Best of luck, kid! 

Edited by skooch
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

You seem fun.

Even if a player doesn't do well, I will never, ever understand people reacting this way to seeing a career crumble. Why say shit like this? Does it make you feel all big and tough or something? He's a human being, he didn't pan out as a ballplayer, I'm sure he's not happy about it either. This just makes you seem like a miserable human being.

I mean we don't tell him how to make Whoppers now do we?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

You seem fun.

My middle name is fiesta, duder.

Sometime the truth hurts. Kid is mostly likely going to have to get a real job like the rest of us. Y'all are acting like I wished like him and his family to get cancer or something. In the words of Tom Hanks, "there is no crying in baseball."!

Also, I watch baseball and go to  Soxgames to be entertained.  It was painful to watch this kid out in center last year. If I wanted to watch minor league baseball i would go to Kane county not 35th and Shields.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I mean we don't tell him how to make Whoppers now do we?

Ha. Good one. I'm actually lead fry cook at the combination taco bell/KFC. Sparky, my manager, likes my attitude and work ethic and thinks management is in my future. 

My trajectory is so crystal clear that I can see it in the stars.

21 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He needs like two weeks on a roster to get the pension.   I don't think he gets it, but then again most guys with his skillset never get a month (or any) big league pussy.  So he did alright.

I hope he got some of that big league poon while he was up here. That's at least one silver lining

1 hour ago, tlongo81@gmail.com said:

My middle name is fiesta, duder.

Sometime the truth hurts. 

Do you think it's that the "truth hurts," or that secure humans don't enjoy celebrating the failures of others? Next time I see somebody fail, I'll make sure to remind them of the harsh realities of the real world. Thanks, Tom Party Longo, my 36 year old internet realist buddy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, TaylorStSox said:

Do you think it's that the "truth hurts," or that secure humans don't enjoy celebrating the failures of others? Next time I see somebody fail, I'll make sure to remind them of the harsh realities of the real world. Thanks, Tom Party Longo, my 36 year old internet realist buddy. 

Bravo. Mega+1.

2 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He needs like two weeks on a roster to get the pension.   I don't think he gets it, but then again most guys with his skillset never get a month (or any) big league pussy.  So he did alright.

It is 43 days of service I believe (1/4 of a season). He got 30.

Clearly wasn't in the plans anymore, but I liked Jacob May. I hope he catches on somewhere. Even if he doesn't, hey, at least he made it to the show, which is something guys Keenyn Walker, Courtney Hawkins and Jared Mitchell won't get to say.

2 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

So like two weeks!

I'd venture to guess that if he's willing to grind it out in AAA for the indefinite future, he might find himself in the right place at the right time to pick up those service days. The fact that he's at least a solid defensive CF who can run makes him a guy a team can rely on for a limited role when there's an injury.