White Sox at Tampa 8.3 game thread

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Because basically every Giolito start, we've seen him struggle in what's obviously going to be his last inning.

More of a reason to leave him in and let him grow in that regard. I loved the decision to let him go back out for the 8th. 

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

How could things get any worse with Moncada...?  We can’t trade him, but we can change our coaching staff and attempt to find someone else who can get through to him.

Sure, I’m all for coaching changes, but how about bringing in someone with a track record of success for once.  Omar is another guy who overmanages and that’s the last thing he need.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

So much for Narvaez, lol.  He and Palka can’t field to save their lives, yet they’re the two main surprises after Davidson fell off a cliff.  Frustrating to not have a single complete player on the roster.

I love Stoney's continued criticism of him trying to backhand balls in the dirt.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Please give someone else a shot instead of Minaya in these situations.  What a head case.

Would take Infante at this point.

The vendors must hate Renteria on Mon-Thurs home games causing them to  work an extra 30-45 mins with all these pitching changes.

4 pitchers in one inning.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Sure, I’m all for coaching changes, but how about bringing in someone with a track record of success for once.  Omar is another guy who overmanages and that’s the last thing he need.

Yet a Girardi, Showalter or Scioscia old school micromanaging type seems to be the worst choice.   Oh well, we usually tend to go opposite personalities every time we change managers.  

We probably get McEwing, blah...

Edited by caulfield12

27 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

How could things get any worse with Moncada...?  We can’t trade him, but we can change our coaching staff and attempt to find someone else who can get through to him.

First of all, take the pressure off him and put him down at the bottom of the order and keep him there.

It also seems like the kid lacks a passion for the game, that's something that probably won't change. I hate to say this because it's still early in his career but the Red Sox might have seen something about him that they felt that he was expendable.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

9 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

It also seems like the kid lacks a passion for the game, that's something that probably won't change. I hate to say this because it's still early in his career but the Red Sox might have seen something about him that they felt that he was expendable.

Where do you come up with this nonsense?

He’s too stylish and non chalant defensively at times, although it’s not about passion for playing the game.  Part of it is he tends to sulk more noticeably than most of our players when he’s struggling (but his teammates are doing well or actually winning a game.)