Non-Tender Deadline - 11/30 @ 7pm

Chicago White Sox

Alright, with the non-tender deadline tonight at 7pm CST, I figured we could use a thread for final predictions & news as it comes in.

The Sox have six players eligible for arbitration.  Unless your name is Ron, three of these guys are no-brainers:  Jose Abreu, Yolmer Sanchez, &  Carlos Rodon.

That leaves three guys on the bubble:  Avi Garcia, Luery Garcia, & Matt Davidson.

So of the three bubble guys, who do you think gets tendered vs. non-tendered?  My predictions are below:

• Avisail Garcia – $8.0M - Non-tendered
  • Matt Davidson – $2.4M - Tendered
  • Leury Garcia – $1.9M - Tendered
Edited by Chicago White Sox

44 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Alright, with the non-tender deadline tonight at 7pm CST, I figured we could use a thread for final predictions & news as it comes in.

The Sox have six players eligible for arbitration.  Unless your name is Ron, three of these guys are no-brainers:  Jose Abreu, Yolmer Sanchez, &  Carlos Rodon.

That leaves three guys on the bubble:  Avi Garcia, Luery Garcia, & Matt Davidson.

So of the three bubble guys, who do you think gets tendered vs. non-tendered?  My predictions are below:

Seems right though I think the Sox find a way to keep Avi unless some other team is salivating  to sign him. Hold onto him until you can get a guy like Brantley to replace him. Brantley is sort of like what Avi could have been, Trouble is Brantley gets injured a lot too.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think you are right here.

54 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Seems right though I think the Sox find a way to keep Avi unless some other team is salivating  to sign him. Hold onto him until you can get a guy like Brantley to replace him. Brantley is sort of like what Avi could have been, Trouble is Brantley gets injured a lot too.

I just think $8M is more than Avi will get on the market and with only one year of control left, tendering him doesn’t make any sense IMO.  I’m hoping the Sox are looking at an upgrade, but even if they’d be content with him for one more season simply let him test the market and then try to resign for like $5M.  

5 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

I would non tender Matt Davidson. A Garcia I would non-tender and try to bring back. L Garcia would an easy tender due to him being able to play CF

I wouldn’t be surprised if they non-tendered Davidson, although given the salary is so small & not fully guaranteed I’m leaning they will.