Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

34 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Cubs - Lester, Heyward, Darvish, Soriano

Bears- Peppers, Mack, Allen Robinson

These are just a few big names. What players of this caliber have the Bulls and Sox signed recently? 

We cannot forget Chicago's best FA signing ever in Marian Hossa, that worked out wonderfully.

34 minutes ago, mqr said:

I kinda feel for all the players in general. Yes they should be, y’know, better at baseball, but the fans are going to take the Machado frustrations out on them and they don’t really deserve that. 

Yeah the players dont deserve any of the manny scrutiny. I hope us sox fans give all of the players loud ovations on opening day

13 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

Yeah the players dont deserve any of the manny scrutiny. I hope us sox fans give all of the players loud ovations on opening day

There's no point to boo Alonso and Jay when JR and Hahn should be the ones getting introduced and booed by the crowd...there's nothing that they did wrong to deserve that.   In fact, it's more likely to have an even further negative effect on getting free agents to want to ever come to play for the White Sox...I'm assuming the fans are smart enough to distinguish between the responsible and innocent parties.  And it's not like either of them ever promised to deliver Machado, because it was never in their hands in the first place.

1 hour ago, Ozzie’s Cuban Cigar said:

The fact is, other than an injury which could happen to anyone, there was no downside to signing Machado.  First and foremost, it legitimizes the White Sox as somewhat relevant.  More ticket sales, more jersey sales, more TV/ad sales.  In short more revenue.   It also creates more positive “vibes” in town and nationwide( which there is almost none) More optimism among fans and casual observers you are trying to reach.  These things create revenue to more than account for the $50 mill they wouldn’t shell out.  Penny wise and dollar stupid.  

Ok, while missing out on Machado was a clusterfuck, this is fantasy.  The dude has his baggage. 

21 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

There's no point to boo Alonso and Jay when JR and Hahn should be the ones getting introduced and booed by the crowd...there's nothing that they did wrong to deserve that.   In fact, it's more likely to have an even further negative effect on getting free agents to want to ever come to play for the White Sox...I'm assuming the fans are smart enough to distinguish between the responsible and innocent parties.  And it's not like either of them ever promised to deliver Machado, because it was never in their hands in the first place.

Agreed wholeheartedly 

7 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

This isn’t true  - booing them is the message to the front office. On their own without Machado they were both bad baseball moves for a rebuilding team 

13 minutes ago, daa84 said:

This isn’t true  - booing them is the message to the front office. On their own without Machado they were both bad baseball moves for a rebuilding team 

But what kind of message does that send to all of our younger players...who are supposed to be the core of this team’s next championship roster? 

It’s not like they are going to be able to block it out.

20 minutes ago, Lillian said:

I'm saying whether, or not,  I agree with Smith, but maybe this will help console some of those who seem unable to accept that the Sox didn't sign Machado:

Nope, it doesn’t.  Smith is a clown whose career is based on yelling his stupid takes on things.  His entire screaming argument in that video is that no one is worth a 10 year deal and that the Padres have sucked for a long time.  Amazing take in the Machado signing.

Edited by Harper2Sox
  • Like 1

I still can’t believe we lost out to the fucking Padres.  Hahn should be flayed alive for saying we have “unprecedented financial flexibility” and then not even offering a market value contract.  What a fucking clown show this organization is and I dream for the day accountability becomes an integral part of its culture.

46 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

But what kind of message does that send to all of our younger players...who are supposed to be the core of this team’s next championship roster? 

It’s not like they are going to be able to block it out.

And obviously, when our top prospect is writing articles in the Players Tribune titled "I'm ready" to try to force management to call him up, we can judge that no one in the organization is going to send these top prospects good messages, so the only people left to do so are the 10 fans in the ballpark, right? 

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I still can’t believe we lost out to the fucking Padres.  Hahn should be flayed alive for saying we have “unprecedented financial flexibility” and then not even offering a market value contract.  What a fucking clown show this organization is and I dream for the day accountability becomes an integral part of its culture.

Jerry Reinsdorf is loyal to a fault.  Jobs for life!