4/4 Games (Opening Day for Minors)

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Just please stay healthy!  There might not be anyone with a higher ceiling in the system,  and I am not kidding. 

I think Moncada and Robert are kind even based on position, but Robert has a chance to be a 40-50 HR guy and Moncada might have a couple seasons in the 40 range. Robert has stupid power. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Robert is going to skyrocket up prospect lists this year. He has a real chance to be every bit of the hitter Eloy is with average to plus defense in CF. If he stays healthy it wouldn't surprise me if he's top 5 or even #1 by the postseason list. Robert actually is a 5 tool talent. 

Man, while I would love this, is Robert's hit tool that good? Eloy was filthy with the bat in the minors last year. I'd be surprised if he is as good of a hitter as Eloy.

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Just please stay healthy!  There might not be anyone with a higher ceiling in the system,  and I am not kidding. 

I think there is zero doubt Robert has the highest ceiling in the system.

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

Man, while I would love this, is Robert's hit tool that good? Eloy was filthy with the bat in the minors last year. I'd be surprised if he is as good of a hitter as Eloy.

Nobody knows because of his injuries. He doesn't have the body of work that Eloy does. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

You just got done saying that a Mike Trout comparison was "good"

I think that is more tools wise. Alfonso fits that description, the power and speed combo. Nobody is saying he will be as good as Trout.

1 minute ago, Jake said:

I honestly have a hard time saying Robert has a higher ceiling than Moncada and it's meant as nothing negative about Robert

By "system" I was thinking the minors. I'd say they have similar ceilings, imo