May 27 Sox-Royals 1:10 PM GRF

pcq

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Tax dollars aren’t gonna happen this time around.  No one is afraid of the Sox leaving Chicago.

That's fine, let them move to a city that will pay for a beautiful new stadium, with a retractable roof. It wouldn't bother me. I don't live in Chicago. Oh, and by the way, how about a new owner, while we're at it. LOL.

Just now, Lillian said:

That's fine, let them move to a city that will pay for a beautiful new stadium, with a retractable roof. It wouldn't bother me. I don't live in Chicago. Oh, and by the way, how about a new owner, while we're at it. LOL.

One would necessitate the other.  A new owner would have to come first.

I could see a large suburb getting the White Sox similar to the way the Rangers moved out.  It would be sad.

16 minutes ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

One would necessitate the other.  A new owner would have to come first.

I could see a large suburb getting the White Sox similar to the way the Rangers moved out.  It would be sad.

Not if they came further south. 😁

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lillian said:

That brings up an interesting point.  If the Sox move out of Chicago, would everyone on this board still be a Sox fan?

I don't know if I would.  I grew up in Chicago but have moved several times.  I have remained a Sox fan rather than become a fan of the team in the city I lived in (currently Atlanta).  They're my hometown team.   If that's no longer the case, I don't know if my loyalties would change.

19 minutes ago, bubba phillips said:

That brings up an interesting point.  If the Sox move out of Chicago, would everyone on this board still be a Sox fan?

I don't know if I would.  I grew up in Chicago but have moved several times.  I have remained a Sox fan rather than become a fan of the team in the city I lived in (currently Atlanta).  They're my hometown team.   If that's no longer the case, I don't know if my loyalties would change.

Would you go cubs?

3 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Would you go cubs?

Never. If the Sox moved I'd probably be a fan of one of my secondary rooting interests, which happen to be the Sawx and Dodgers. Due to the west coast start times, I'd probably end up choosing the Sawx. 

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Never. If the Sox moved I'd probably be a fan of one of my secondary rooting interests, which happen to be the Sawx and Dodgers. Due to the west coast start times, I'd probably end up choosing the Sawx. 

I dont think I could root for a Boston area team. the fans are just too annoying and I wouldn't want to be associated with them.

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I dont think I could root for a Boston area team. the fans are just too annoying and I wouldn't want to be associated with them.

I've always had a thing for the Sawx. I only played a couple years of little league and my first team was the Red Sox so I've always liked them since the mid 90s. Rooted for them in the playoffs last year. 

My dad has been a Dodger fan since the late 60s. That is where my secondary teams come from. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, fathom said:

Go Brewers

going to school in Milwaukee (and working in the Brewers system later) I loved those games and rooting for them. We were Uecker's puckers in right field.

I could root for them.

19 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Would you go cubs?

No!  With a second home in Corpus Christi I went to a lot of Hooks games (Houston AA).  Pretty easy to become a fan of nice kids trying hard  and best seat in the house was $9 .  Food was the price of fast food and parking $3.  When a Hooks player hit a homer the fans passed a hat for the hitter...people threw a $1in the hat.  Probably got 40-50 bucks.  In a side note...Hunter Pence III was on that team.  Kind of nice to not be so emotionally invested in every little thing.

Its just weird to me because, most of us here are Sox fans because we grew up in the Chicago area or because we had family that did, and if the Sox never existed we would probably be cubs fans. Same thing with Cubs fans, they would be Sox fans if the cubs never existed.