7/31 Mets @ Sox 7:10 pm NBCSN-CHI de Grom vs. Giolito

3 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

This strike zone is Garbage!!

Do guys get the rookie treatment in the NL or are these umps just so bad ?  I know Moncada's approach left something to be desired last year but seems like him and Eloy get a lot of terrible calls on pitches off the plate. Just seems like we see more instant stars from rookies in the NL but all umps  work in both leagues don't they ?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Feeble two strike swing. He needs to stop guessing, it’s killing his hit tool

I don't think a single pitcher or affiliate in the minors threw him 5 straight sliders. He'll learn.

Edited by SoxAce

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Do guys get the rookie treatment in the NL or are these umps just so bad ?  I know Moncada's approach left something to be desired last year but seems like him and Eloy get a lot of terrible calls on pitches off the plate. Just seems like we see more instant stars from rookies in the NL but all umps  work in both leagues don't they ?

Yes, umps work both leagues and have since 1995. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SoxAce said:

I don't think a single pitcher of affiliate in the minors threw him 5 straight sliders. He'll learn.

That’s why I want to see him just see strikes and swing at them. First pitch was a great one for him to hurt.

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

"Giolito is reverting back to his last year self" has to he one of the worst takes on this board by some people.

I know it was always ridiculous. The stuff was good toward the end of last year but now it's elite. He was struggling with command and every mistake was getting crushed. It all evens out in the end.