8-16 GT: Cardinals at Sox

Cardinals acting like they won the World Series after sweeping a doubleheader after 17 days off.

C'mon.  Any reasonable manager who knew how to run a bullpen and keep Detwiler available and not knowing the limitations of Evan Marshall's stuff...and how precise he needs to be in executing his tightrope act out there.

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am not convinced that Goins is a better option than a slumping Moncada.  

Is Moncada slumping or is he hurting? Because a rested Moncada after several games of Goins could be an improvement over a sore Moncada going out there every day.

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Wasn't arguing that, was simply saying an 820 OPS, with his limitations in the field, is nothing special.  Of course he's still young and doesn't even have 600 MLB PA.

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

^^^^^^^^

It's his ~140th MLB game. He's been a better than .820 ops guy in those games. How are you not satisfied? Since you guys are professional evaluators I figured you would've been aware of his terrible defense

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I was expecting him to walk more than he has. Basically, I was expecting JD Martinez, or something like .290/.350/.900+

Eloy was never a high walk guy even in the minors. Hell, his best was 10.3% in high A with the Cubs. He was always a high contact, massive power hitter. And he will continue to be that up here.

7 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Blood coming out of their eyes, blood coming out of their wherever!

How about relocating to KS and assisting Mr. Kobach in his multi-million dollar quest that turned up approximately 29 examples of "abuse/malfeasance" in the last 2-3 decades.

Or, better yet, patrolling neighborhoods to make sure roving gangs comprised of Soros-inspired and financially-funded kids aren't 1) stealing ballots from the mail in certain post codes, 2) being paid by ANTIFA to place extra/additional/fake ballots in everyone's mailboxes in other area codes.

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I wonder if you recognize the irony in comparing a 23 year old Eloy to JDM.

He recognizes nothing. Shortly he'll post a reply, realize it's shortcomings, edit it and then later apologize for comparing a guy 140 games into his career to a great DH... a day after comparing him to Delmon Young... and shockingly retracting that statement just a few minutes after

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, caulfield12 said:

How about relocating to KS and assisting Mr. Kobach in his quest that turned up approximately 29 examples of "abuse/malfeasance" in the last 2-3 decades.

Or, better yet, patrolling neighborhoods to make sure roving gangs comprised of Soros-inspired kids aren't 1) stealing ballots from the mail in certain post codes, 2) being paid by ANTIFA to place extra/additional/fake ballots in everyone's mailboxes in other area codes.

Nobody has any clue what the hell you're talking about, or at least why the hell you're talking about it in this thread

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

How about relocating to KS and assisting Mr. Kobach in his quest that turned up approximately 29 examples of "abuse/malfeasance" in the last 2-3 decades.

Or, better yet, patrolling neighborhoods to make sure roving gangs comprised of Soros-inspired and financially-funded kids aren't 1) stealing ballots from the mail in certain post codes, 2) being paid by ANTIFA to place extra/additional/fake ballots in everyone's mailboxes in other area codes.

Sir, this is a Wendy's. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Yeah, we were promised a slightly lesser Manny Ramirez or Miguel Cabrera in terms of hitting impact.

That's at least an 875-925 guy in this day and age, but I'd argue 900-950ish.

It doesn't matter what we were promised because he hasn't even played a full season of games yet. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

The obvious answer?

More Twinkies, more energy!!!

"How about this...I don't want to hear any more f'ing excuses from the guys.  It's August, everyone has aches and pains, we're in the middle of a pennant race, time to grow up, be a man and fight through discomfort for your teammates and fans."

Edited by caulfield12