8-17 GT: Tigers at Sox

The Sox failed with Zack Burdi. He should’ve been in the big leagues right after they drafted him. He’s a reliever that had ML ready stuff, toying around in the minors was a waste of time. 

If I’m drafting a reliever in the first round, I’m drafting them because they can pitch for my bullpen today. 

Edited by Joshua Strong

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

1 minute ago, GradMc said:

Mr. Burdi is your closer, folks.

He was drafted as the closer of the future. 

Then injuries hit and guys like Hamilton, Burr, Johnson, etc. passed him on the depth chart. Now he may be back in the plans.

1 minute ago, Joshua Strong said:

The Sox failed with Zack Burdi. He should’ve been in the big leagues right after they drafted him. He’s a reliever that had ML ready stuff, toying around in the minors was a waste of time. 

If I’m drafting a reliever in the first round, I’m drafting them because they can pitch for my bullpen today. 

That was the plan then 2 major injuries and surgeries happened.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ptatc said:

That was the plan then 2 major injuries and surgeries happened.

Yes, those happened in the minors though. Not saying that they wouldn’t have happened in the bigs but he shouldn’t have spent much time in the minors. His TJ came in 2017, he should’ve been up by then. 

3 minutes ago, Joshua Strong said:

Yep and while they kept him in the minors they should have stretched him out to be a starter.