8-23 GT: Sox @ Cubs (1:20pm)

6 minutes ago, Tony said:

Every start doesn’t need to 100% hang on development. If Ricky is going to into every start with a different goal than winning the game, we have a bigger problem. 

Let Dylan stretch out when they are up 7-1. Not in a 1-0 close game where the last inning he was laboring and had to make some incredible pitches. The announcers ( a Cy Young Winner to boot), basically every here and anyone else watching could see it. 

Again, I know you think you have to be the smartest guy in the room, but when you and Ricky and seemingly the ONLY ones in that camp....maybe it’s not everyone else that’s wrong?

What did you see? Explain to me what you saw in Dylan that was different than innings past. VElocity the same. Spin on his off-speed, the same. Nothing said he was tiring. He was as dangerous as he was earlier; he floated a breaking ball - something he had also done earlier in the game. Schwarber didn't miss. that's baseball. 

the humor of all of this is you constantly saying i defend ricky. I said yesterday he was a HORRIBLE strategic manager. I find it absolutely hilarious that the things SOxtalk complain about the most, are actually the things that you could argue ricky isn't really bad or good at; the pitching staff performance is a better indicator of a pitchers handling than soxtalk posters opinions. sox are overperforming. people are being maximized. that tells me the manager, who knows more about his guys because he actually works with them directly, likely has a better idea than you about things.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

What did you see? Explain to me what you saw in Dylan that was different than innings past. VElocity the same. Spin on his off-speed, the same. Nothing said he was tiring. He was as dangerous as he was earlier; he floated a breaking ball - something he had also done earlier in the game. Schwarber didn't miss. that's baseball. 

the humor of all of this is you constantly saying i defend ricky. I said yesterday he was a HORRIBLE strategic manager. I find it absolutely hilarious that the things SOxtalk complain about the most, are actually the things that you could argue ricky isn't really bad or good at; the pitching staff performance is a better indicator of a pitchers handling than soxtalk posters opinions. sox are overperforming. people are being maximized.

In every single one of your posts, you end it by bashing Soxtalk... yet here you are. Still.

• Thanks 2
  • Love 2

Just now, soxfan49 said:

In every single one of your posts, you end it by bashing Soxtalk... yet here you are. Still.

the only thing toxic about soxtalk is the game threads. i've said that many times. it's a bunch of guys critiquing every move because they read a stat once.

sox pitching collective output is better than the individual talent of the unit. usually a manager is directing a staff well then.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

the humor of all of this is you constantly saying i defend ricky. I said yesterday he was a HORRIBLE strategic manager. I find it absolutely hilarious that the things SOxtalk complain about the most, are actually the things that you could argue ricky isn't really bad or good at; the pitching staff performance is a better indicator of a pitchers handling than soxtalk posters opinions. sox are overperforming. people are being maximized.

I don't know what you are arguing. Someone should have been up. Cease would have been okay pitching 5 and coming out after the double. 

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Except he was hanging every breaking pitch. Even Steve Stone was calling it