Sox vs KC 8/29 game thread 1:10 first pitch

southsider2k5

Just now, JoshPR said:

Nothing bro. But its bound to happen. Its part of it. It sucks but it happens

That's fair....but very frustrating to not at least have Detwiler up earlier in the inning.  This is not the Royals World Championship bullpen...lets get this done offense!!

This all circles back to Cease not being able to get out of the fifth inning...Sorry but when your bull pen has to cover four innings, you lose usually.

We keep hearing a lot about how great Cease is going to be.. After five years of the Carlos Rodon experience, I’m not convinced at all

1 minute ago, wegner said:

That's fair....but very frustrating to not at least have Detwiler up earlier in the inning.  This is not the Royals World Championship bullpen...lets get this done offense!!

I get what your saying, but some around here go Fucking bonkers for every little fart that happens.

8 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Mechanics don't matter if they throw hard.

Yes we saw that Burdi and Cease didn't we ?

This org does not believe in sybermetrics or the mechanics of pitching.

Edited by GradMc

1 minute ago, chisoxt said:

This all circles back to Cease not being able to get out of the fifth inning...Sorry but when your bull pen has to cover four innings, you lose usually.

We keep hearing a lot about how great Cease is going to be.. After five years of the Carlos Rodon experience, I’m not convinced at all

yeah his mechanics are fucking terrible, which is really odd for a guy with such a simple delivery, might be lucky if he has a couple good years ala Gavin Floyd

Just now, chisoxt said:

Look, saying that Rodon with no minor league time and as a rookie would be a key piece in the 2015 rotation required a GM who was an idiot, but you couldn’t be surprised about Rodon needing some time, most pitchers do. Cease struggled with command but also got out of jams today. He has what, still fewer than 20 big league starts? Play out the season, get him the experience, and then talk to me after a normal ish offseason of work.

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Hopefully continuing to work with the kid. He did come out after trouble started, but sometimes the manager has to say that he can’t leave the rookie out to dry.

Some people here don't understand that's how you learn and gain experience