NFL Thread 2020-2021

bmags

3 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

Worst possible outcome imo. Back into the playoffs despite a humiliating loss to the Packers yet again. It'll be enough to bring everyone back when they should be cleaning house.

3-7 to finish the season, sneak into the playoffs to get beat...and come back with the same pieces in place for 2021. How can you not get excited for that??!?!?

11 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

Worst possible outcome imo. Back into the playoffs despite a humiliating loss to the Packers yet again. It'll be enough to bring everyone back when they should be cleaning house.

They simply can't beat the Packers and they don't win when it matters.  Same old shit.

I’m not gonna lie I’m happy they are in playoffs. I mean, how the hell did the cards fuck that season up.

They found some good young talent late in the season. Nagy as HC and not OC is probably going to work. 

But yeah, cool kids are going to act like losing and missing the playoffs is somehow better despite it being not helpful in any way.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

This shit ass team will “make the playoffs”, lose the first round, and retain all its personnel. Same old story.

This team was in it up until they failed on that 4th down. That was with defense stinking again - but this time with two bums getting picked apart in secondary plus Danny T getting put on a big play wideout for who knows what reason. 

They played a bit too conservative on offense but had a chance into fourth quarter. I think they can beat the Saints. I think they can beat any of the NFC teams but the Packers and as I mentioned above they had a shot - score was way worse than reality. Packers  are freaking really good though - like really really good. 

Bottom line - Glad they are in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

This team was in it up until they failed on that 4th down. That was with defense stinking again - but this time with two bums getting picked apart in secondary plus Danny T getting put on a big play wideout for who knows what reason. 

They played a bit too conservative on offense but had a chance into fourth quarter. I think they can beat the Saints. I think they can beat any of the NFC teams but the Packers and as I mentioned above they had a shot - score was way worse than reality. Packers  are freaking really good though - like really really good. 

If Mitch is their QB moving forward and he most likely will be that is how they have to play on offense.  I think if Mitch plays all year in an offense that fits his skill set they go 10-6 and are playing the Skins. 

Pace needs a football boss. 

Making the pkayoffs is never a bad thing in the NFL. 

47 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

It really wasn’t, if Scantling catches an easy ball that game is never competitive and the Bears have showed zero ability to even slow down the packers offense.

7 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

It really wasn’t, if Scantling catches an easy ball that game is never competitive and the Bears have showed zero ability to even slow down the packers offense.

What if’s only work one way I guess.

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

How many times are they going to cover a WR with a LB.    

It would be nice if the LB would blow up the WR dragging across the field. It’s within 5 yards, so the can legally give the WR a good shot. WRs would probably be less eager to drag across the middle if they took a few good shots. An LB turning and chasing isn’t going to work very well.

1 minute ago, Middle Buffalo said:

It would be nice if the LB would blow up the WR dragging across the field. It’s within 5 yards, so the can legally give the WR a good shot. WRs would probably be less eager to drag across the middle if they took a few good shots. An LB turning and chasing isn’t going to work very well.

On the TD, Trevathan didn't start covering the WR, he started in the middle to look like a potential blitzer then backed off and headed outside. He wouldn't have even been in position to make contact with the WR within 5 yards.