Sox @ Reds GT 9/20/20

soxfan49

1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:

What does Don Cooper do with Cease? Anything?

FTFU

Cooper has been with the Sox longer than many here have been alive (1988). I still contend he passed in 2012, a taxidermist stuffed him and added remote control wheels for mound visits, and Reinsdorf pockets the pitching coach salary.

Just now, hi8is said:

In many ways, this was the worst Cease outing in his career after a great first inning.

Emphasizing his struggles, in this poor start he gave up no runs and no hits.

Hard to give up hits when you walk 7 guys in a three inning span. This is ridiculous, he should be beyond this.  

2 minutes ago, almagest said:

I support sending Cease down for a few days to work on his control. See if he can get one more start in preparation for the playoffs after that.

How long would he be sent down for? There's a week left in the regular season. He isn't fixing his control in Schaumberg in 2 days

1 minute ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

He's afraid of bats because he doesn't trust his stuff.  He's an absolute fucking headcase who needs to go through the same mental program Gio uses.  It's like in his mind he sees giving the hitter something to hit is more worrisome than a walk.

He’s not afraid of the bat, this is purely a mechanical thing. He pulls more pitches than any pitcher I’ve ever seen.

3 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

How long would he be sent down for? There's a week left in the regular season. He isn't fixing his control in Schaumberg in 2 days

Until his next start, if possible. Or just keep him down until the postseason. If the alternative is a performance like this I'd like to give it a shot.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

You know I agree, but some seem to have way too much confidence in Cease and Lopez. I think two veterans should be brought in.

Sox are entering the playoffs with essentially 3 starters.  Dunning has been good but he’s still a rookie.  Nothing dependable after him.  Even with Kopech up at some point next season they will need starting arms. 

Edited by SouthWallace

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

He’s not afraid of the bat, this is purely a mechanical thing. He pulls more pitches than any pitcher I’ve ever seen.

This. Cease is the last guy you can call a "mental headcase". This is purely mechanical issues with hin.