Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

33 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t think all people fit into one bucket, but we’re definitely seeing a certain segment of conservatives emboldened under Trump and it’s creating a lot of fighting amongst the country.  A great example would be ChiSox1917, who is an absolute ignorant piece of shit who purposely loves to stir the pot with stupid comments that expose him for being a dumb, selfish, & hateful member of society.  Again, it’s totally fine to have a difference of opinion, but these loud & proud types on the right really need to go because all they do is fuel the fire and drive us further apart.

People like Chisox are harmless though; for the reason that no one actually thinks he has good thoughts or ideas, so he may even cause some who think like he does to call their own thoughts into question. lol

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

TLR`s first reaction was the reach out to his ride or die partner Dave Duncan.  That should tell you enough about what's about to happen for the coaching staff search.

The giveaway is when they let go of Cooper but kept the other coaches around in case the new guy wanted them. It had to be catering to Tony. Duncan has been with him at every stop and supposedly the reason Tony didn’t take an offer last year was because Duncan wouldn’t come with him.

i did see Steve Phillips on TV last night and he said the industry talk is the pitching coach will be filled in house. He does think they will try to get Jose Oquendo from St. Louis, who he said was a top infield instructor. Also look for them to try to get Dave McCay who has been with LaRussa everywhere. Finally, Mark McGwire is a guy to keep an eye on, although that is more of a long shot. 

I think Nick Capra has probably coached his last game in a White Sox uniform

The whole things reminds me of my uncle. My uncle hates that Tim Anderson kneels and fights for a cause, but he loves that he helps in the community.. he hates that he spoke out against cops, but loves that he helps kids and lives on the SOuth Side. I try to tell my uncle over and over that he clearly agrees with Tim's mission but he attacks him for it anyway because he's been brainwashed to think Kneeling is awful and that cop shaming is bad because the media he consumes told him so. 

There's some Chicago Police Blog that wrote a scathing article about Anderson - the comments section was riddled with racist and vile garbage and threats that were emboldened by authors and cops alike and not deleted. My uncle sent it to me as a "joke." There was nothing funny about it. 

The good thing about athletes becoming more vocal is that their fans are having a harder and harder time ignoring the issues they are bringing forward. They have two options, listen and try to understand or close their eyes and ignore it all. Because they love baseball, or football, or basketball so much it's incredibly difficult for them to leave it behind. 

People like Tim are making progress; slowly but surely. Keep that grind going Timmy!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Orlando said:

Quote from the new Athletic article is very bad in my opinion:

La Russa said he has not spoken to any White Sox players yet, but Sox players who spoke to The Athletic ranged from cautiously open-minded, to dismissive and derisive in their reaction to the hiring. Other Sox officials expressed shock, even though Reinsdorf’s preference for La Russa has only grown more clear over the last few weeks. They’ll all show up in Arizona in February ready to work and win, but there’s a skepticism that will have to be overcome.”

Yep. No surprises there.

3 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I remember when LaRussa confronted Jimmy Piersall, who Jerry ultimately fired after the season for upsetting his Prima Donna manager. 

I remember that too.  The following season Jimmy had a role on the White Sox post game show and Reinsdorf had him fired from that after Jimmy criticized some of La Russa's in game moves after a frustrating White Sox loss.

I loved Jimmy Piersall and despise Jerry Reinsdorf. 

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

People like Chisox are harmless though; for the reason that no one actually thinks he has good thoughts or ideas, so he may even cause some who think like he does to call their own thoughts into question. lol

I just don't pay attention to him. But that's a good point.

8 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Jeeeezus, we've already got guys making posts regurgitating the made up word that is not a real thing that Larussa used "observational analytics." 

Thats not a thing. Its an idiots way of saying my eyes are a database. 

While he said a lot of the right things, to have such divergent opinions from what he said very recently seems suspicious at best. It comes off as unauthentic at best and lies for the press at worst. The non- reaction from the players tells me they feel similar. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m really starting to worry that we’re going blow our chance to have an extended run.  Either we’ll bring in way too many La Russa “guys” as our big offseason additions or Jerry will force Hahn to go “all-in” and trade young controllable pieces like Vaughn, Madrigal, Kopech, etc. for veterans.

This is absolutely terrifying to me. I can see it now. Wainwright as the number 3 starter, Molina as backup C/DH, Harold Baines as Bench Coach. 

The Bench Coach and Pitching Coach hires are going to be SO important because when Tony loses the clubhouse (I'm expecting sooner than later) we are going to need guys that the team believes in. But we won't go out and get a guy like Espada or Quatraro or even a guy like Zaleski as PC. Tony will call up all his buddies to try to get them out of retirement and get the band back together. 

• Like 1

Just now, oneofthemikes said:

This is absolutely terrifying to me. I can see it now. Wainwright as the number 3 starter, Molina as backup C/DH, Harold Baines as Bench Coach. 

The Bench Coach and Pitching Coach hires are going to be SO important because when Tony loses the clubhouse (I'm expecting sooner than later) we are going to need guys that the team believes in. But we won't go out and get a guy like Espada or Quatraro or even a guy like Zaleski as PC. Tony will call up all his buddies to try to get them out of retirement and get the band back together. 

I’m not expecting any outside hires. I’m fine with Zaleski, but the way this organization operates, I’m have zero faith the people they bring in are qualified.

14 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Who said this guys a geezer! Only took him 12 hours to learn how to make 1 post to twitter about his hiring! Rock on TONY!

I actually kind of like the post. At least he admits that there are some out there that don't support this move. I guess now he has something to prove. I'm also really curious about what he thinks of this team. The bullpen, the pitching staff in general.

Edited by smellysox

7 hours ago, The Hawk said:

Love of country and respect for veterans should transcend politics. That is my opinion. 

What if I told you that you could love and respect the military and our vets, but still recognize that politicians are using them as tools and props to get other people distracted away from real issues in this country, and most fall for it 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

7 hours ago, The Hawk said:

That dog doesn't hunt. No one is forced to stand for the anthem let alone sing the anthem. A helluva lot of people do, however. It is a great thing for me and my friends and family to do before a major event. We aren't "manipulated" in any way either.  I am a veteran myself and the honor that my fellow Americans share with me when that song plays is a joyful one. If someone doesn't want to do this that is fine with me. Just don't disrespect me or mock me for doing it as that would piss me off and cause trouble for the both of us.

Except we just hired a manager who six months ago said he would force his players to stand for the anthem or not let them on the field to kneel.

• Like 2

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic