2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

24 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

This isnt a Federal Amendment.  These are states passing their own laws where they agree. The agreement states that they need to hit 270 electoral votes between the states who are part of the compact.

You dont need any of those states to hit 270 votes...

Those are all Republican States and yet so liberal-minded.🙂

Just now, poppysox said:

Those are all Republican States and yet so liberal-minded.🙂

What does Republican or Democrat have anything to do with the interstate compact?

The way that the agreement was written was if they have enough states to hit 270 electoral votes it comes into play. Someone argued that the states you quoted would never agree. I pointed out that those states dont need to agree to hit 270 votes.

1 minute ago, Danny Dravot said:

Whatcha got? Wife and I will dip into a bottle of Grangestone 25 y/o later.

I spent 6 months unemployed because the Republicans blocked aid to schools and universities and just now have a new job. Jim Beam and I can afford and be happy with it.

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

County by county results keep showing Trumps percentages are dropping versus 2016, and not only is Biden up over Hillary, he is picking up all of the 2016 3rd party votes too.  

Interesting. Thanks for these updates

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

I'm more optimistic than you - but I might be way off.  

I want to be pleasantly surprised so I'm fearing the worse. And seeing barricades around the Alamo and businesses boarding up, I'm not alone.

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

I want to be pleasantly surprised so I'm fearing the worse. And seeing barricades around the Alamo and businesses boarding up, I'm not alone.

For sure - everyone is preparing for the worst - same thing around here, all kinds of stuff being boarded up. Better to plan for the worse.  I made sure I had a few extra groceries in case stuff is closed the next few days due to overall unrest.  

• Like 1