2020 NBA Regular Season Thread

bmags

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

If New Orleans doesn't move Lonzo, they're gonna be stuck negotiating a sign-and-trade this offseason, paying him an offer sheet, or letting him walk.

This is their chance to get something they want.

I agree - but New Orleans is also trying to make the playoffs so I think they are juggling both.  

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

If New Orleans doesn't move Lonzo, they're gonna be stuck negotiating a sign-and-trade this offseason, paying him an offer sheet, or letting him walk.

This is their chance to get something they want.

Lauri has the same issue. Plus teams trading for Ball arent going to want to pay a huge premium to then have a RFA.

2 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Lauri has the same issue. Plus teams trading for Ball arent going to want to pay a huge premium to then have a RFA.

New Orleans much more likely to be able to retain Lauri. No chance they retain ball.

I'm somewhat intrigued by a Vuc/Lauri backcourt. Vuc is just so versatile that I think he can play with anyone. Lauri being your 3rd option makes him being more of a campy 3 point shooter a lot more acceptable to me. 

I'd be totally ok if they held onto him to see how that works out. 

1 minute ago, scs787 said:

I'm somewhat intrigued by a Vuc/Lauri backcourt. Vuc is just so versatile that I think he can play with anyone. Lauri being your 3rd option makes him being more of a campy 3 point shooter a lot more acceptable to me. 

7 minutes ago, scs787 said:

If we are going to make the playoffs, a Young/Vuc backcourt >>>> Lauri/Vuc, who will just stand out at the 3 point line waiting for others to make plays.

Remember when GarPax was in charge and we would have delusions of grandeur leading up to the deadline, followed by resignation, then sadness, then outright anger and disgust.  Sometimes nothing would happen, sometimes you would get Porter and be like "well maybe this will be good"(it never was).   And you would dream of a deadline where assets were moved in earnest and assets were acquired, and it wasn't all done in order to make sure that five years from now they didn't move one dollar into the luxury tax.

this has been very interesting

Hmm, and here I thought sports medias slant toward boston sports teams meant I never needed to watch their games. 

Theis seems like a really good get for Wagner, whom I don't like how poorly he rebounds.

Damn AKME.

I'm excited, I was completely taken aback, but most important thing to me is it was a real risk if bulls punted that zach would go join up. He may still, but I think bulls have good shot at making this a group, esp. after adding a PG this offseason. 

I think I just dislike Vucevic because they were so completely boring but Clifford does that to you, and he's a great coach, but completely boring.

• bmags locked this topic