4/4 GT- 7:37 CT- Sox vs Halos

soxfan49

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Yoan, feel free to use the whole field.  

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/m/moncayo01.shtml

So far that 2019 season looks like the outlier.  Maybe it's not covid, maybe this is just what he is.  He has all of the tools to be elite.  

Just now, fathom said:

Nah, it’s a righty sinker baller.  If he’s not going to smash that, he’s useless at the plate.

Most of the team is right now.  I feel like we sold our souls for 05. I'm overreacting.  Just tired of the same shit over and over .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Nah, it’s a righty sinker baller.  If he’s not going to smash that, he’s useless at the plate.

Hey I'm just trying to be positive.  At least it's better than like literally swinging through EVERYTHING.

Pretty soon I'm also going to start blaming all of my personal shortcomings on COVID.  COVID has truly been a Disastre Personal.

Edited by YourWhatHurts

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/m/moncayo01.shtml

So far that 2019 season looks like the outlier.  Maybe it's not covid, maybe this is just what he is.  He has all of the tools to be elite.  

It's very clear covid affected him last season. He was the biggest exit velocity decliner in baseball. Maybe 2019 was an outlier, but I have zero doubt he is a better player than what we saw last season. It's impossible for him not to be.

1 minute ago, JoeyCoralFanClub said:

It was supposed to be on paper.

If you take away those inflated numbers against the Royals and Tigers, how good was our offense, really?

You can say the same thing for the Twins over the last 2-3 seasons, putting up all those homers and fizzling in the postseason.

Yesterday, Bummer was held back to save the game...instead of being used, now he's going to be used in the 7th of a game we're trailing?

They're being that selective about using Michael Kopech?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

It could have been if they spent money on it.  But hey....homers are bad!

Most of us who pay attention knew that money was not gonna be spent. Like I said, the rebuild was a ruse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

So the top of the 8th will be Mercedes, Grandal, & Robert...basically need one them to hit a bomb or our fate will come down to the slap brigade in the 9th against Iglesias.

I think I like the slap brigades chances better to be honest

4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

It's very clear covid affected him last season. He was the biggest exit velocity decliner in baseball. Maybe 2019 was an outlier, but I have zero doubt he is a better player than what we saw last season. It's impossible for him not to be.

Moncada needs to be a 5 war player going forward or this rebuild isn't going anywhere.