4/4 GT- 7:37 CT- Sox vs Halos

soxfan49

I’m holding to what I said, I want to give a Robert 162 games before I start really judging him but he has to learn that he’ll never get a good pitch to hit as long as he swings at shit like that. 

Hamilton SHOULD know that his whole responsibility is to take and foul off as many pitches as possible....4 pitch inning is pretty inexcusable.

And never let Luis Robert face Raisel Iglesias again.   Thankfully they are teammates if there's another WBC in the future.

• Like 1

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

An obvious pinch hit situation goes by the wayside. What's the point of having Vaughn on the bench if he's not going to hit there?

That was ideal spot for Collins. Who else are you going to have him hit for?

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

So Robert cant hit the moving pitch.  Well, luckily there isn't a specialty that teams have that could chart these things and tell the pitcher ahead of time to throw him curveballs and sliders into the dirt over and over. 

Robert can hit breaking pitches they just have to be over the plate. He'll chase crap 3 feet outside though.

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

So Robert cant hit the moving pitch.  Well, luckily there isn't a specialty that teams have that could chart these things and tell the pitcher ahead of time to throw him curveballs and sliders into the dirt over and over. 

And he keeps swinging every time. 

Just now, Joshua Strong said:

I’m holding to what I said, I want to give a Robert 162 games before I start really judging him but he has to learn that he’ll never get a good pitch to hit as long as he swings at shit like that. 

He has no hit tool

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

Why is Billy Hamilton hitting down one run with man on in the 8th??????????

They think he's a better shot to get on and steal/steal than for Vaughn or Lamb to take him deep?

Or they're not sure if Lamb could actually play LF the next half inning?

3 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

This White Sox team is going to be welcomed by a chorus of boos in Chicago if they don't shore this up in Seattle. 

Nobody is going to buy tickets and watch this crap after the first home series.

• Haha 1

Just now, Capn12 said:

5 hits total, and 0 for 8 with RISP, against an average Angels pitching staff, at best.

Doesn't bode well for success against good pitching, but that sort of goes without saying.

2 infield hits and singles by Madrigal, Leury and Hamilton. This offense is a debacle.

It's not the fight to pick right now, but I can't believe people can look around at the catcher position in baseball and have serious gripes with Grandal. He's far from perfect, but he's literally been one of the best catchers in baseball like 6 years in a row.

• Like 2

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

It's not the fight to pick right now, but I can't believe people can look around at the catcher position in baseball and have serious gripes with Grandal. He's far from perfect, but he's literally been one of the best catchers in baseball like 6 years in a row.

But if it’s true pitchers hate throwing to him, that’s not good.  

1 minute ago, fathom said:

He has no hit tool

Then you can cancel the rebuild.  Both Moncada and Robert have to play as advertised or Abreu will get old and we'll eventually lose Giolito and Anderson.

That means that 2 of Kopech/Crochet/Cease have to somehow become elite starters to make up for it.

That's asking a LOT.