4/4 GT- 7:37 CT- Sox vs Halos

soxfan49

1 minute ago, 102605 said:

Nobody is going to buy tickets and watch this crap after the first home series.

The sox could fill up cowboys stadium over 100k every game and Jr still  wouldn't spend money . Its a lost Cause. 

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

It's not the fight to pick right now, but I can't believe people can look around at the catcher position in baseball and have serious gripes with Grandal. He's far from perfect, but he's literally been one of the best catchers in baseball like 6 years in a row.

It's not that five years before he came to the White Sox.  It's these next three seasons that matter.  The Dodgers have a really good sense about their player evaluations, and nobody was willing to give him a long-term deal the year before.  We've seen the steep cliff that catchers fall off in their mid 30's.

Just now, fathom said:

But if it’s true pitchers hate throwing to him, that’s not good.  

White Sox pitchers have said nothing but positive things and the most valuable aspect of catching that can be quantified he's amazing at. Grandal would have to be like a -20 run game caller to not be one of the most valuable catchers in the game.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

It's not that five years before he came to the White Sox.  It's these next three seasons that matter.  The Dodgers have a really good sense about their player evaluations, and nobody was willing to give him a long-term deal the year before.  We've seen the steep cliff that catchers fall off in their mid 30's.

Grandal finished tied for 1st in fWAR amongst catchers last year. In year 1 he gave them exactly what they paid for.

• Like 2

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

White Sox pitchers have said nothing but positive things and the most valuable aspect of catching that can be quantified he's amazing at. Grandal would have to be like a -20 run game caller to not be one of the most valuable catchers in the game.

Of course they said that publicly.  Privately......

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Maybe the AL and NL Centrals suck.

Fools gold last year.

Maybe beating the Royals and Tigers at a near 800 clip was more of the fool's gold.  We didn't beat anyone 500 or better.  We beat up on crap teams and squeaked in with a change to the format that allowed more teams to play in the playoffs. Under normal playoff rules, we are home watching again.  

• Like 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Collins has been having some of the best at-bats on the team and actually looks pretty dangerous up there.

And had a good swing on Iglesias. Instead we let maybe the second weakest hitter in baseball try to get an extra base hit off him.

Just now, fathom said:

Of course they said that publicly.  Privately......

Not to be rude, I love your posts, agree with you all the time, etc... But this feels like grasping at straws. That's completely unknowable and I haven't even seen someone like James Fegan indicate that's the case.

• Like 1

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Not to be rude, I love your posts, agree with you all the time, etc... But this feels like grasping at straws. That's completely unknowable and I haven't even seen someone like James Fegan indicate that's the case.

No worries, and I get the skepticism.  I’ve heard it from a few people, and not just Harold.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

Maybe beating the Royals and Tigers at a near 800 clip was more of the fool's gold.  We didn't beat anyone 500 or better.  We beat up on crap teams and squeaked in with a change to the format that allowed more teams to play in the playoffs. Under normal playoff rules, we are home watching again.  

Yeah who were the good teams we even played last year? Twins and Indians right? Reds count right but that was like 3 games.