Sox vs Indians - Tuesday, April 13th, 710pm

smalls2598

Just now, The Beast said:

They need Engel and Anderson back badly. I never want to see Williams up here when Engel is back.

It really doesn't matter as long as Tony's dumb ass is running things.  Punt another season Jerry . 

• Like 1

Just now, 102605 said:

We were a base hit away from being on top of the standings.  Ugh.  This team will find its way eventually but it has been a rough start and nobody is playing at the top of their game outside of Mercedes and Kopech.

I wouldn't be so sure this team will find its way to enough wins for the playoffs. There are a lot of issues that need to be figured out starting with the manager. 

Just now, RagahRagah said:

Not saying he sucks AT ALL but the "untouchable" label for a flamethrower reliever is just ridiculous.

Hes a reliever because you think he is? 

The sox clearly don't view him as a reliever going forward. They want to build his innings since, again, there was no college or minor league season last year. 

Hating on crochet is hilarious

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Pitch 2 was on the outside corner. Yoan was hitting lefty.

No it wasn't. you have it backwards. I was watching the AB. 

Pitches 1 and 3 were on the outside corner. Pitch 2 was low and in. 

That's the view from behind home plate. The right hand side is the LH batter's box. 

Then you have to take into account how good Bieber's curveball is. Nobody's doing anything with those pitches. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The sox clearly don't view him as a reliever going forward. They want to build his innings since, again, there was no college or minor league season last year. 

No he’s a reliever because he’s in the bullpen and doing 1 inning outings as a lefty coming into the 10th inning isn’t going to build his arm up long term. 

3 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

It really doesn't matter as long as Tony's dumb ass is running things.  Punt another season Jerry . 

Eh, if Jimenez was playing I think things might be different. I’m not there yet to blame La Russia when they aren’t hitting.

Edited by The Beast
  • Like 1

Just now, Balta1701 said:

No he’s a reliever because he’s in the bullpen and doing 1 inning outings as a lefty coming into the 10th inning isn’t going to build his arm up long term. 

Hes had multiple inning outings and the white sox have said they view him as a starter in the future. As I said. 

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Again, not hating. I didn't hate on him at all. He clearly has talent. I said that labeling him "untouchable" is ridiculous. There is a clear difference. More people need to actually read stuff and knee-jerk react less.

A guy like that has injury written all over him. If he could help land a Burnes/Castillo/Marquez/etc. you absolutely trade him.

Edited by RagahRagah

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Yes. It will. He is only slated for 60-70 innings like a typical reliever. 

Just now, The Beast said:

Eh, if Jimenez was playing I think things might be different. I’m not there to blame La Russia when they aren’t hitting.

Nick Williams hitting 5th? Lamb playing over Yermin? why not bring Liam out one more inning? I don't think he's doing a good job sorry,agree to disagree. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Hes had multiple inning outings and the white sox have said they view him as a starter in the future. As I said. 

He had 1 multi-inning outing, the last 3 have been 1 inning, 1 inning, 0.1 inning.

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

In all honesty, it’s hard to see him as a future starter. Where’s he going to get the innings this season to even sniff that role next year?  

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I'm sure they told Crochet to throttle back a little to save his arm the long haul.  I just don't understand why they continue to put such an inexperienced pitcher in during extra innings when the smallest mistakes can cost you game.  

Agreed. No idea why he's taken the 10th twice now.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic