5/9 Chicago White Sox @ Kansas City Royals 1:10 PM CDT

8 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Your hyperbole and misrepresentation of my post trolling for likes is absurd.

Where did I say Grandal is “so bad”?

I gave my reasons for why Collins is a better fit with Lucas (he has never clicked with Grandal) and Rodon (Collins is better at handling his slider, Rodon can be comfortable throwing it vs. worrying about Grandal ole’ing it.

Using catcher ERA when 1 bad start makes all the difference is ridiculous.  Are you saying Gio would have not had a bad start if Collins caught him vs Boston? And I personally feel a CERA of 0.90 is pretty good. It would indicate to me the pitcher is pretty comfortable with the catcher. Since Grandal has been on base 13 times his last 4 games the haters have to find something I guess, no matter how ridiculous it is.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

he's all over the place mechanically again.  throwing across his body.

Almost seems like he’s aiming or guiding it rather than throwing...and there’s a more pronounced hook.  Thought pairing him back with Katz would have made him even more comfortable, not less.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Almost seems like he’s aiming or guiding it rather than throwing...and there’s a more pronounced hook.  Thought pairing him back with Katz would have made him even more comfortable, not less.

Yeah, you'd think the coach who fixed him being the pitching coach would make him better, not worse.

I don’t care how good the rest of the starters are going, if Gio isn’t the Gio we know, the Sox aren’t going anywhere. 

They need to figure this out, ASAP. 

• Haha 1